Re: [Pharo-project] pharo on sparc solaris

Re: [Pharo-project] pharo on sparc solaris

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would need to run a Pharo RC4 image on a Sparc Solaris station. Looking on the www.squeakvm.org/unix/, I see that there is no VM for such a station, only for Intel Solaris.

Unfortunately, I also do not have access to any compiling tools on this machine (it's a server).

not even gcc  or cmake ?  weird....

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Maybe you can cc vm mailing list ?

cheers

mariano

The machine says it is:
$ uname -a
SunOS ejpdxa9017 5.10 Generic_142900-03 sun4v sparc
SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: [Pharo-project] pharo on sparc solaris

Andrew Gaylard

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would need to run a Pharo RC4 image on a Sparc Solaris station. Looking on the www.squeakvm.org/unix/, I see that there is no VM for such a station, only for Intel Solaris.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I also do not have access to any compiling tools on this machine (it's a server).
>
> not even gcc  or cmake ?  weird....
>
>> Can anyone help me with this issue?
>
> Maybe you can cc vm mailing list ?

I can help you out with a VM built for Solaris from the
Squeak-3.10-4.src.tar.gz tarball.
I don't know if Pharo will work with it.  Anyone...?

- Andrew

Re: [Pharo-project] pharo on sparc solaris

Levente Uzonyi-2

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Andrew Gaylard wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would need to run a Pharo RC4 image on a Sparc Solaris station. Looking on the www.squeakvm.org/unix/, I see that there is no VM for such a station, only for Intel Solaris.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, I also do not have access to any compiling tools on this machine (it's a server).
>>
>> not even gcc  or cmake ?  weird....
>>
>>> Can anyone help me with this issue?
>>
>> Maybe you can cc vm mailing list ?
>
> I can help you out with a VM built for Solaris from the
> Squeak-3.10-4.src.tar.gz tarball.
> I don't know if Pharo will work with it.  Anyone...?
It won't. Pharo images need the closure changes so a vm built from 3.10-6
or newer is required.

Levente