Re: [Pharo-project] problem with metacello in 1.2

Re: [Pharo-project] problem with metacello in 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wierd...now I have the same problem :(

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think you were having a problem with the internet connection. Here it is fine.
Try again ;)

2010/10/23 Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]>
Hi all,
i was trying to make Moose loadable into a 1.2 i did try to run the configuration of Moose and i got an error at the very beginning caused by the configuration of metacello. Am i missing something or it actually should work? I did expect to have problem but not with the configuration of metacello.

I'm using a

Pharo image 12203 on a Squeak4.2.5beta1U VM

To reproduce the error just open the image and execute in a workspace:

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'Moose';
package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault

Attached the log.

Thanks,
Fabrizio

Re: [Pharo-project] problem with metacello in 1.2

Tudor Girba
Several people had the same problem today: Fabrizio and Jorge in Bern, and Jannik in Lille. And they had it with different versions of Pharo 1.2.

Cheers,
Doru

On 23 Oct 2010, at 19:05, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wierd...now I have the same problem :(
>

> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think you were having a problem with the internet connection. Here it is fine.
> Try again ;)
>
> 2010/10/23 Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]>
> Hi all,
> i was trying to make Moose loadable into a 1.2 i did try to run the configuration of Moose and i got an error at the very beginning caused by the configuration of metacello. Am i missing something or it actually should work? I did expect to have problem but not with the configuration of metacello.
>
> I'm using a
>
> Pharo image 12203 on a Squeak4.2.5beta1U VM
>
> To reproduce the error just open the image and execute in a workspace:
>
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'Moose';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
> load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault
>
> Attached the log.
>
> Thanks,
> Fabrizio

www.tudorgirba.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: [Pharo-project] problem with metacello in 1.2

stephane ducasse-2
yes we spent some time trying to find what would be the problem
but we could not identify one version (image, vm) on which we got constantly the problem accross variation.

Stef
On Oct 23, 2010, at 8:09 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Several people had the same problem today: Fabrizio and Jorge in Bern, and Jannik in Lille. And they had it with different versions of Pharo 1.2.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 23 Oct 2010, at 19:05, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Wierd...now I have the same problem :(
>>

>> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I think you were having a problem with the internet connection. Here it is fine.
>> Try again ;)
>>
>> 2010/10/23 Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]>
>> Hi all,
>> i was trying to make Moose loadable into a 1.2 i did try to run the configuration of Moose and i got an error at the very beginning caused by the configuration of metacello. Am i missing something or it actually should work? I did expect to have problem but not with the configuration of metacello.
>>
>> I'm using a
>>
>> Pharo image 12203 on a Squeak4.2.5beta1U VM
>>
>> To reproduce the error just open the image and execute in a workspace:
>>
>> Gofer new
>> squeaksource: 'Moose';
>> package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>> load.
>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault
>>
>> Attached the log.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Fabrizio

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "One cannot do more than one can do."

[Pharo-project] problem with metacello in 1.2

stephane ducasse-2
Dale

did something change on the server side?

This is strange

199 - Issue 3048: MC method cache fix. Thanks Igor Stasenko
200 - Issue 2653: Editor cursor fix: remove autoclose in texteditor.
        - Issue 3128: AuthorRequestImprovement. Thanks Alain Plantec - Issue 3099: Create method in the debugger does not provides getter/setters implementors. Thanks Hernan Wilkinson
201 - Issue 1800: MenuIcons and ThemeIcons should be merged. Big thanks to alain plantec!!!
202  - Issue 3070: weird replacements in TextEditor. Thanks Alain Plantec!!!
203  - Issue 654: inconsistent highlight color. Thanks Alain Plantec
        - Issue 3101: Wrong Monticello packages initialization order. Thanks Pavel Krivanek
204  - Issue 2868: allClassesUsingPool: allClassesUsingPoolVariable: for systemNavigation
        - Issue 3046: BUG: LineMorph class>>from:to:color:width: returns a PolygonMorph
        - Issue 3130: MethodReference >> #isLocalSelector should not be part of Monticello package
        - Issue 3095: Character isLiteral is in wrong category
        - Issue 3134: Cleaning uniclasses from smartRefStream
Jannik can you check with the Utilities trick I sent you to try

        Utilities readServer: Utilities serverUrls updatesThrough: 12200 saveLocally: false updateImage: true

        199
        200
        201
        202
        203
        204

so that we try to identify the problem

Re: [Pharo-project] problem with metacello in 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Dale. No, the error seems reproducable. I am in PharoCore 12215 and I have the same error when trying to evaluate, for example:

(ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser project version: '1.6') load: 'Core Tests'

But the same happens with any conf, since what is failing is the ensureMetacello.

Don't know why. I think there was a change in PharoCore where this start to happen. Maybe debugging you can realise...I couldn't :(

cheers

mariano

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stef,

I've wrapped my head around this one a little more ... the only stack that I saw, showed a 'Error: file is too short' error which is probably coming from the ZipArchive code ... this usually means that there was a network failure when trying to read a file from an HTTP repository. Perhaps SqueakSource was being saturated?

Dale

On 10/25/2010 11:44 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
Stef,

I'm not sure what problem you are referring to. I haven't released a new
version of Metacello since the beginning of September....

Dale

On 10/24/2010 09:55 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
[...]

grrrr now it works...
damn it

seems random :(