Re: [Pharo-project] us the vm -memory in an image ?

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-project] us the vm -memory in an image ?

jannik laval

Hi,

On Jan 15, 2010, at 10:57 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Laval Jannik <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

In some case I need to run my VM with more memory.
For now, I use the parameter "-memory" when I run the VM.

Is it possible to define this value in the image ?

I think you can do something like:

SmalltalkImage current
  vmParameterAt: 5 put: 100000;
  vmParameterAt: 6 put: 35000;
  vmParameterAt: 24 put: 16 * 1024 * 1024;
  vmParameterAt: 25 put: 8 * 1024 * 1024.

But...I am not sure how to know each parameter number what exactly is. Do you know where I can get that information?

The method vmParameterAt: is documented,
so :
5 allocations between GCs (read-write)
6 survivor count tenuring threshold (read-write)
24 memory threshold above which shrinking object memory (rw)
25 memory headroom when growing object memory (rw)

Cheers,
Jannik

To see your current data I think you can do:

SmalltalkImage current getVMParameters

Cheers

Mariano

Then I can use it in a script.