Re: [Pharo-users] Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-users] Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

Mariano Martinez Peck
There ARE UI. Check:

- I copy paste here mail from DOru about Metaceller:

I would want to announce a basic version of a browser for managing Metacello configurations already loaded in the image. It is called Metaceller :) and it is based on Glamour.

To get it, invoke the following:

Gofer new
       squeaksource: 'glamoroust';
       package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamoroust';
       load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamoroust) perform: #loadDefault.
(Smalltalk at: #GTMetaceller) perform: #open

- Metacello by default only install the core, but you can install it with the Metacello OB tools.
Check http://code.google.com/p/metacello/wiki/MetacelloTools

I think (not sure, should check) that if OB is installed in the image, then OB-Metacello is installed automatically.
Anyway, you can always do a (ConfigurationOfMetacello project lastVersion) load: 'ALL' and should work.

Cheers

Mariano

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i installed directly from ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and the examples are ok.

Great to hear.

> i think metacello is really useful and nice system. As a user of it i may
> critise a couple of things. first, i think metacello needs a GUI. on
> Monticello Browser we can see limited information about package. i do not
> exactly know if there is a place for application metadata on configuration
> classes but the conf class should carry the application name, application
> description etc. and some sort of GUI may let us to browse installation
> options of the package like versions and groups etc. for now in every
> configuration class there is different installation ways.

I agree, it would be great to have a simple browser showing a simple
list of all known configurations so that they can be installed with
one click. Should be really simple to implement with Gofer :-)

Lukas