Re: [Pharo-users] the future of squeaksource

Re: [Pharo-users] the future of squeaksource

Paul DeBruicker
I think it would be helpful to have those public open source licensed
projects that are not yet loaded on ss3 or smalltalk hub copied there
for posterity.  Maybe make a squeaksource archive account on each
platform that does the copying.

On 05/07/2013 08:19 AM, Andrei Vasile Chis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Given that SmalltalkHub is now stable we were considering to discontinue
> SqueakSource.
> Our idea is to provide a grace period of a couple of months to allow the
> current active users to migrate their projects to the new service and
> then simply put squeaksource in read-only mode (simply exposing the
> directory structure and allowing downloads).
>
> What do you think about it ?
> Are there any good reasons to still keep SqueakSource alive?
>
> Cheers,
> The SCG Team

Re: [Pharo-users] the future of squeaksource

Marcus Denker-4

On May 7, 2013, at 11:21 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think it would be helpful to have those public open source licensed
> projects that are not yet loaded on ss3 or smalltalk hub copied there
> for posterity.  Maybe make a squeaksource archive account on each
> platform that does the copying.

If the file system view stays available via squeaksource.com, people can do
this lazily as needed.

And having the files available via http should be easy to just keep forever…
Disk space is cheap.

        Marcus