Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Bert Freudenberg
On Mar 27, 2007, at 14:17 , Grit Schuster wrote:

> Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
> www.planet-plopp.com!
> Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D
> objects very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform your
> paintings into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will assist
> you. If you can do without help (and Plipp), try one of the
> versions for "professionals".
> There are a number of different themes available, each coming with
> extra templates. Current available themes are Classic, Space, On
> the Farm, Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and Aqua for grown-
> ups.
>
> All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP (Vista
> coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial number
> the Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so you can
> give painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial number
> you can run as many themes as you like as full version!
>
> Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try it!
> (And send me comments, please.)
>
> Check out the tutorial videos (http://www.planet-plopp.com/
> biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos (http://youtube.com/results?
> search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and cool Plopp paintings
> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

In case anybody is wondering - this is actually built in Squeak using
Croquet (sans networking) and Tweak (for the UI). There has been a
German-only version in stores since last April, this is the English
version. Check it out, it's fun, and my kids love it :)

- Bert -

Re: Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Paul Sheldon-2
Great.

I'm working on connecting to these construction worker poor kids and the
other
corporation birthing etc. announcements might mean the it person at
Redland's, Cal
library won't be afraid of poking holes in her firewalling for kids.

Now, what remains for the currently low work construction worker contractor
father, is
to afford a fast graphics card (as a conceivable business expense? I have to
really chew
on this wild hypothesis!).

On Mar 27, 2007, at 21:06 , [hidden email] wrote:

> Great.
>
> I'm working on connecting to these construction worker poor kids
> and the
> other corporation birthing etc. announcements might mean the it
> person at
> Redland's, Cal library won't be afraid of poking holes in her
> firewalling for kids.

Plopp only uses port 80 (http) for sending ecards and uploading to
the gallery.

> Now, what remains for the currently low work construction worker
> contractor
> father, is to afford a fast graphics card (as a conceivable
> business expense? I have to
> really chew on this wild hypothesis!).

impara worked hard to make Plopp work even on not-so-high-end
graphics cards, or even onboard graphics. For example, a DirectX
rendering path was added under Windows because of shi^h^h^h non-
working OpenGL drivers in a lot of cheap boxes that end uo in kid's
rooms.

- Bert -