Re: [ReleaseReport] 8 March 2010

Gary Dunn
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:21:39 -0200 "Edgar J. De Cleene" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [ReleaseReport]  8 March 2010 In this moment the FunSqueak3.11-9633-alpha
> is going to ftp.
>>From fresh Squeak3.11-9371-alpha, load updates brings to 9633 with the
> undeclared I report.

Question, to confirm process:

1. Use the alpha 3.11 image I have been testing

2. Click Squeak tab, select "load code updates"

3. Save image as Squeak3.11-9633-alpha

4. Do another round of unit tests and post results

If you have something else in mind please let me know.

> This week the task was try to load muO,

This is in addition to above?

Looks intriguing. This sounds like something for 0SP.

[snip]

> This week, going Seaside + Pier so some impatient needing bring bread to
> home see we care about they too :=)

Will unit tests be adequate or should I set up a server?

Anything else I can do to help?
--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
[hidden email]
Sent from a Newton 2100 via Mail V

Re: [ReleaseReport] 8 March 2010

Edgar De Cleene

On 3/8/10 6:58 PM, "Gary Dunn" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Question, to confirm process:
>
> 1. Use the alpha 3.11 image I have been testing
Best start of fresh from .zip you have,should be 9371
> 2. Click Squeak tab, select "load code updates"
>
> 3. Save image as Squeak3.11-9633-alpha
>
> 4. Do another round of unit tests and post results

All yes, this is the procedure steps

> This is in addition to above?
>
> Looks intriguing. This sounds like something for 0SP.

For we have FunSqueak from regular image , still we need a building auto
procedure.

It's a list of CodeLoader scripts, but some don't like my ways and argue
against it.

Why kill mosquitoes with a cannon when you could kill dragons with a
slingshot?

And some it's hand made now.
Still no 3.8 to 3.11 way of load projects .pr

> Will unit tests be adequate or should I set up a server?
>
> Anything else I can do to help?

Could be fantastic if you test how the Metacello into the image works.
Try to load Seaside 2.8 + Pier and see how works

For muO, again I said this is a step as pre-requisites is a long list and
lots have to re learn for 3.8 things work in 3.11.
Still I don't see new Steph .sar

Edgar