Re: SSH Tunnel

Bob Courchaine
Darius Clarke wrote:
> Just successfully did this with the router in Vancouver with two
> different locations in L.A.
>
> L.A. -> Vancouver -> L.A.
>
> Works great. About 1/10th sec. round trip with a simple world.

Can you elaborate as to what "this" is, Darius?

I know connecting to a router via SSH was discussed last week but I
can't remember the details.

Any more info you can share w/ us?

Thanks!

Bob

Re: SSH Tunnel

Darius Clarke
Ummm. Sorry.
By "this" I mean using Andrea's code on a server running a router
outside the firewall to connect two peers in a Croquet world who are
behind firewalls.

Cheers,
Darius

On 6/26/06, Bob Courchaine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Darius Clarke wrote:
> > Just successfully did this with the router in Vancouver with two
> > different locations in L.A.
> >
> > L.A. -> Vancouver -> L.A.
> >
> > Works great. About 1/10th sec. round trip with a simple world.
>
> Can you elaborate as to what "this" is, Darius?
>
> I know connecting to a router via SSH was discussed last week but I
> can't remember the details.
>
> Any more info you can share w/ us?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bob

Re: SSH Tunnel

Andreas.Raab
Nice job. We've been running Croquet over long distances for a while now
but never using SSH. BTW, using SSH is mostly useful for tunneling and
not so much for security - Croquet encrypts all communication that goes
over the wire.

Cheers,
   - Andreas