Re:Simple Image Based Persistence in Squeak

Re:Simple Image Based Persistence in Squeak

Stephan Eggermont-3
Blake wrote:
> But then do what with it? It's not like reporting is (necessarily) a
>  trivial thing.

I've done:
- export tab-separated to Excel.
- export to rtf for Word.
- export to LaTeX (Still waiting for XSL-FO to catch up).
- create a PDF (I'm not too happy with the current PDF tooling, though).
- use a BalloonCanvas to create pretty pictures and use them in Seaside.
- make dependency diagrams with mondrian and dotty.

Stephan

Re: Re:Simple Image Based Persistence in Squeak

Blake-5
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 02:22:55 -0800, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Blake wrote:
>> But then do what with it? It's not like reporting is (necessarily) a
>>  trivial thing.
>
> I've done:
> - export tab-separated to Excel.
> - export to rtf for Word.
> - export to LaTeX (Still waiting for XSL-FO to catch up).
> - create a PDF (I'm not too happy with the current PDF tooling, though).
> - use a BalloonCanvas to create pretty pictures and use them in Seaside.
> - make dependency diagrams with mondrian and dotty.

Interesting. Thanks.

Re: Simple Image Based Persistence in Squeak

Randal L. Schwartz

stephan> - use a BalloonCanvas to create pretty pictures and use them in Seaside.

Wow.  This inspired me to try to write a simple Seaside "captcha" component,
since image-creating stuff (and having a place to cache the result) are all
within Squeak.

Uh... cool.

Re: Re:Simple Image Based Persistence in Squeak

Sophie424
<[hidden email]> wrote in message
> - use a BalloonCanvas to create pretty pictures and use them in Seaside.

How do you get web images (jpg etc.) from BalloonCanvas?

> - make dependency diagrams with mondrian and dotty.

Are either of these two either available or shareable?

Thanks - Sophie

Re: Re:Simple Image Based Persistence in Squeak

Sophie424
> Are either of these two either available or shareable?

I meant your BalloonCanvas-usage or Mondrian-usage examples :-) not Mondrian
and dotty, which I know.

Sophie

Re: Simple Image Based Persistence in Squeak

Bert Freudenberg

On Jan 16, 2008, at 15:16 , itsme213 wrote:

> <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> - use a BalloonCanvas to create pretty pictures and use them in
>> Seaside.
>
> How do you get web images (jpg etc.) from BalloonCanvas?

JPEGReadWriter2 putForm: myCanvas form onStream: myStream.

- Bert -