Re: Status of Curvier

Jerome Peace
Hi Juan,

I got the lastest update image (6708) and it is great
to see all of the work I did published in the image.
Thank you for your help and your efforts.

The last big thing is Curvier.

I am wondering if my last update on curvier status got
lost in the slew of things I covered in the same post.
On looking at the post I also noticed the url for the
mantis report included the period at the end of the
sentence. If it was followed mantis complained about
id wanting a number instead of "504." .

See
(http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/morphic/2006-January/000030.html)

So trying again with more caution...

>From the mantis report at:

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=504

-----

Hi Juan,

I read your feedback on the morphic list.

I am uploading a revised cs (Curvier-wiz.7.cs.gz).

I only changed Object by adding Object>>isNonZero the
necessary backup to Number>>isNonZero. ( I've set
there catagories to *Morphic-... since they are
extentions.)

The other changes you saw were because the other
object catagories changed between 6693 (when I last
filed out my stuff) and the present 6706. I've synced
the catagories so that problem should be solved.*

polynomialEval I've resolved by removing it from this
change set and submitting it as a separate
enhancement. The function was only changed by me for
elegance and speed. The old function will do all right
for now.

So I think this cs should be publishable.

Lets make curves curvier.

Yours in service -- (wiz) Jerome Peace

------

* From the cs Curvier-wiz.7 preamble:
----

wiz 12/31/2005 22:03

Removed SequenceableCollection>>polynomialEval:
from this change set to avoid territorial desputes.

wiz 12/31/2005 21:45

Have attempted to fix Object reorganization by in a
fresh 7606 redifining Object>>isNonZero in its
*Morphic catagory, filing out all of object. Reading
in Curvier-wiz.4 which reorganized Objects catagoriers
then reading in the filed out Object class to get the
catagories into the correct 6706 reorganization (with
the extra catagory). Then we have filed out
Curvier-wiz.6 with this comment and hopefully the
correct catagories.

wiz 10/1/2005 22:34

No code changes. Renamed and sometimes rearraged
catagories to make them consistently part of Morphic
package.

----

Back to the present...

I've loaded Curvier-wiz.7 into 6708 and it works ok.
There are two conflicts reported. I looked at them and
they are due to the arrowprototype fix you loaded in
Morphic.58 the code is identical so there is no real
conflict just the time stamp.

So as I said Curvier is ready to be published. The
update is on Mantis 504 awaiting your okay.

Yours in service, Jerome Peace (wiz)

Re: Status of Curvier

Juan Vuletich
Hi Jerome,

I guess I got lost and I missed your last on Curvier.
Will take a look soon.

Cheers,
Jua