Re:TPainter inflation routines

1 message Options

Re:TPainter inflation routines

David Faught

> > > This must be a problem for the later Subdivision process.  I would
> > > guess that a 1 point polygon should work okay for the image->polygon
> > > extraction.
> >
> > No, it's an issue in the tracer. If you want to try it simply scribble a
> > number of overlapping 1px lines and try it out. It'll happen sooner or
> > later.
>
> Okay, back to finding the starting point for the edge tracking.  Since
> the form is scaled up times 2, then finding the starting point should
> be able to step by 2 instead of 1, right?  Carefully noting that
> somewhere in the code for future reference, of course.

Putting my virtual money where my mouth is, I ran MessageTally on the
T3DSubdivision class>>make3DMeshFrom:style: process before and after
this change, using the goat sketch from Croquet Jasmine as the
baseline image.  Making these changes saved about 100 msec on my PC
and the Form>>traceOutline: method's contribution went from 7.3% down
to 4.6%, which is all probably within the realm of measurement error.
I'll keep plodding on ...