Re: Time to Vote!

Herbert König

Thanks Ron for pushing.

The board needs that legitimation and Squeak (we) needs the board!

Herbert, having voted :-)

Am 02.02.2018 um 14:06 schrieb Ron Teitelbaum:
Hi All,

Not sure if I've mentioned this but IT"S TIME TO VOTE!

You may be asking why is Ron pushing so hard for people to vote?

We are on track to have our lowest vote count ever.  The number of voters is going down year to year but the drop this year is significant.  I'm sure we can do better!

Please let me know if you have trouble finding your ballot.  I can resend it to you.

Thanks!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Time to Vote!

timrowledge

> On 02-02-2018, at 5:46 AM, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Ron for pushing.
>

> The board needs that legitimation and Squeak (we) needs the board!

Well, yeah. If nobody can be bothered to spend 2 minutes clicking some buttons, then what is the point of us even trying to run this show?

tim
The enema of my enemy is my friend

Re: Time to Vote!

Ron Teitelbaum

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02-02-2018, at 5:46 AM, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Ron for pushing.
>

> The board needs that legitimation and Squeak (we) needs the board!

Well, yeah. If nobody can be bothered to spend 2 minutes clicking some buttons, then what is the point of us even trying to run this show?

Hi Tim,

This is a great community with terrific people.  Part of the problem is that not everyone reads the list reguarly.  We hoped to fix that by making the voting period around 2 weeks.  Part of the problem may be that some emails didn't get delivered or ended up in SPAM.  Most people will ignore that and move on with their life.  My hope by pushing the issue is to help raise that issue a bit so that people that want to vote get a chance to make their voice heard.  Hopefully I didn't overstate the urgency!  We do have 4 days left to vote!  Before this push we were at 75% of last years vote. Right now we are at 83% of last years vote.

I would like to thank you and all the past board members for all your work to help keep this community on track!

Ron

tim
The enema of my enemy is my friend

Re: Time to Vote!

Bob Arning-2

If people might not see the emails, why not put a reminder in the image?

On 2/2/18 2:22 PM, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02-02-2018, at 5:46 AM, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Ron for pushing.
>

> The board needs that legitimation and Squeak (we) needs the board!

Well, yeah. If nobody can be bothered to spend 2 minutes clicking some buttons, then what is the point of us even trying to run this show?

Hi Tim,

This is a great community with terrific people.  Part of the problem is that not everyone reads the list reguarly.  We hoped to fix that by making the voting period around 2 weeks.  Part of the problem may be that some emails didn't get delivered or ended up in SPAM.  Most people will ignore that and move on with their life.  My hope by pushing the issue is to help raise that issue a bit so that people that want to vote get a chance to make their voice heard.  Hopefully I didn't overstate the urgency!  We do have 4 days left to vote!  Before this push we were at 75% of last years vote. Right now we are at 83% of last years vote.

I would like to thank you and all the past board members for all your work to help keep this community on track!

Ron

tim
The enema of my enemy is my friend

Time to Vote!

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Ron,

Normally I don't vote because I spend most of my time with VA Smalltalk and haven't felt the
right to tell full time Squeakers who should be on the board.  But lately I have been doing
more with Squeak and you make such a passionate appeal for people to vote that I have decided I
will vote if I'm still welcome.  So, please send me a ballot.

Louis LaBrunda
[hidden email]

Lou

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 14:22:17 -0500, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> > On 02-02-2018, at 5:46 AM, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks Ron for pushing.
>> >

>> > The board needs that legitimation and Squeak (we) needs the board!
>>
>> Well, yeah. If nobody can be bothered to spend 2 minutes clicking some
>> buttons, then what is the point of us even trying to run this show?
>>

>Hi Tim,
>
>This is a great community with terrific people.  Part of the problem is
>that not everyone reads the list reguarly.  We hoped to fix that by making
>the voting period around 2 weeks.  Part of the problem may be that some
>emails didn't get delivered or ended up in SPAM.  Most people will ignore
>that and move on with their life.  My hope by pushing the issue is to help
>raise that issue a bit so that people that want to vote get a chance to
>make their voice heard.  Hopefully I didn't overstate the urgency!  We do
>have 4 days left to vote!  Before this push we were at 75% of last years
>vote. Right now we are at 83% of last years vote.
>
>I would like to thank you and all the past board members for all your work
>to help keep this community on track!
>
>Ron
>

>> tim
>> --
>> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>> The enema of my enemy is my friend

--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.
SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon

Re: Time to Vote!

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Lou,

Thank you very much for wanting to vote!  I've added you to the list for next year.  Sorry, I can't let you vote this year but please remember to vote next year!

All the best,

Ron

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:09 PM, Louis LaBrunda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ron,

Normally I don't vote because I spend most of my time with VA Smalltalk and haven't felt the
right to tell full time Squeakers who should be on the board.  But lately I have been doing
more with Squeak and you make such a passionate appeal for people to vote that I have decided I
will vote if I'm still welcome.  So, please send me a ballot.

Louis LaBrunda
[hidden email]

Lou

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 14:22:17 -0500, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> > On 02-02-2018, at 5:46 AM, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks Ron for pushing.
>> >

>> > The board needs that legitimation and Squeak (we) needs the board!
>>
>> Well, yeah. If nobody can be bothered to spend 2 minutes clicking some
>> buttons, then what is the point of us even trying to run this show?
>>

>Hi Tim,
>
>This is a great community with terrific people.  Part of the problem is
>that not everyone reads the list reguarly.  We hoped to fix that by making
>the voting period around 2 weeks.  Part of the problem may be that some
>emails didn't get delivered or ended up in SPAM.  Most people will ignore
>that and move on with their life.  My hope by pushing the issue is to help
>raise that issue a bit so that people that want to vote get a chance to
>make their voice heard.  Hopefully I didn't overstate the urgency!  We do
>have 4 days left to vote!  Before this push we were at 75% of last years
>vote. Right now we are at 83% of last years vote.
>
>I would like to thank you and all the past board members for all your work
>to help keep this community on track!
>
>Ron
>

>> tim
>> --