Re: Trunk update broken

Max Leske
Hi,

I didn't see anyone else reporting this on the list: the trunk update appears to be broken. I don't know why but it obviously breaks all builds done through SmalltalkCI. Example: https://travis-ci.org/theseion/Fuel/jobs/331244122.

Cheers,
Max

Re: Trunk update broken

marcel.taeumel
Hi Max,

I think this is related to the latest VM used by SmalltalkCI, which seems to crash on Travis' macOS environment during in-image update.

Best,
Marcel

Am 20.01.2018 18:37:54 schrieb Max Leske <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

I didn't see anyone else reporting this on the list: the trunk update appears to be broken. I don't know why but it obviously breaks all builds done through SmalltalkCI. Example: https://travis-ci.org/theseion/Fuel/jobs/331244122.

Cheers,
Max

Re: Trunk update broken

fniephaus

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 at 9:56 am, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Max,

I think this is related to the latest VM used by SmalltalkCI, which seems to crash on Travis' macOS environment during in-image update.

smalltalkCI unfortunately does not use a recent VM for trunk builds. There must be a problem with the update stream and IIRC Max mentioned that he was able to reproduce this locally. What's the error message?

Best,
Marcel

Am 20.01.2018 18:37:54 schrieb Max Leske <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

I didn't see anyone else reporting this on the list: the trunk update appears to be broken. I don't know why but it obviously breaks all builds done through SmalltalkCI. Example: https://travis-ci.org/theseion/Fuel/jobs/331244122.

Cheers,
Max

Re: Trunk update broken

marcel.taeumel
Well, I cannot update a Trunk image from 17398 to 17698 with a VM from 201710061559 in Windows 10.

It freezes at "update-nice.422.mcm" and "Kernel-nice.1127".

Best,
Marcel

Am 21.01.2018 15:27:06 schrieb Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Hi Marcel,

Hi Max,

I think this is related to the latest VM used by SmalltalkCI, which seems to crash on Travis' macOS environment during in-image update.

I don't think so. The Travis build runs on Linux and I can reproduce the issue locally on macOS.

Max

Best,
Marcel

Re: Trunk update broken

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Max,

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Hi Max,

I think this is related to the latest VM used by SmalltalkCI, which seems to crash on Travis' macOS environment during in-image update.

I don't think so. The Travis build runs on Linux and I can reproduce the issue locally on macOS.

What are the steps?  Incremental update isn't broken, so is it update from the initial release?

Max

Best,
Marcel

--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Trunk update broken

Max Leske
Hi Eliot,

On 22 January 2018 at 12:13:35, [hidden email] ([hidden email]) wrote:
Hi Max,

> Hi Marcel,
>

> Hi Max,
>
> I think this is related to the latest VM used by SmalltalkCI, which seems
> to crash on Travis' macOS environment during in-image update.
>
> I don't think so. The Travis build runs on Linux and I can reproduce the
> issue locally on macOS.

What are the steps? Incremental update isn't broken, so is it update from
the initial release?

Apparently, SmalltalkCI downloads the latest trunk image and then applies the updates with "MCMcmUpdater default doUpdate: false". AFAICT, something seems fishy with Kernel-nice.1127 (update-nice.422), at least that's the package that appears to hang when I try to evaluate that statement manually.

Image:

Squeak6.0alpha

latest update: #17412

Current Change Set: Unnamed1

Image format 6521 (32 bit)

To reproduce with SmalltalkCI:

[hidden email]:hpi-swa/smalltalkCI.git && cd smalltalkCI && ./run.sh -s Squeak-trunk --headfull -d

Cheers,

Max