Re: [Vm-beginners] aarch64 squeak-vm

timrowledge

> On 2018-12-05, at 3:40 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> In walking the slow path to aarch64 build, I have made some progress but am unsure as to the proper way through
>  #ifdef hell
>
> It has been a couple of decades since I did this stuff.
>
> Can someone help me out?  Thanks.
>
> /home/kend/OpenSmalltalk/oscogvm/platforms/unix/vm/include_ucontext.h:54:3: error: #error need to implement extracting pc from a ucontext_t on this system

> Linux spud 4.14.70-meson64 #269 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 19 11:21:29 CEST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Wild guess - if you look in sqUnixMain.c (around line 900) you'll notice that the ARM related tests are ARM32 specific so the trick is probably to find the relevant defines. Another wild guess - __arm__ will stay, __arm32__ will be replaced by __arm64__ and ARM32 by ARM64.

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 5) "Specs are for the weak and timid!"

Re: [Vm-beginners] aarch64 squeak-vm

David T. Lewis

Ken,

Thank you for the update to cmake/config.guess to add support for
building the interpreter VM on aarch64. I committed your updates to
the SVN repository.

Dave