Re: [Vm-dev] Memory leaks

Chris Muller-3
Go to the "Help" | "About This System" and then select "Space Analysis".

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 2:36 AM, Phil (list) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was curious if the VM has any facilities to assist in tracking down
> memory leaks? (not in the VM itself, but rather in the image it is
> running)  The scenario that comes to mind are object reference loops
> though there are likely others to consider as well.  Any pointers are
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

Re: [Vm-dev] Memory leaks

Phil B
Chris,

On Thu, 2015-12-31 at 10:19 -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> Go to the "Help" | "About This System" and then select "Space
> Analysis".

Hmm... this looks handy (specifically the space used #).  I'll have to
look at how this is being calculated (I'm running a Cuis image so all I
have right now are instance counts)

Thanks very much,
Phil

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 2:36 AM, Phil (list) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I was curious if the VM has any facilities to assist in tracking
> > down
> > memory leaks? (not in the VM itself, but rather in the image it is
> > running)  The scenario that comes to mind are object reference
> > loops
> > though there are likely others to consider as well.  Any pointers
> > are
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Phil

Re: [Vm-dev] Memory leaks

Phil B
On Thu, 2015-12-31 at 15:44 -0500, Phil (list) wrote:

> Chris,
>
> On Thu, 2015-12-31 at 10:19 -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> > Go to the "Help" | "About This System" and then select "Space
> > Analysis".
> >

> Hmm... this looks handy (specifically the space used #).  I'll have
> look at how this is being calculated (I'm running a Cuis image so all
> have right now are instance counts)

Heh... turns out Cuis already has SpaceTally.  Good on Juan for having
it, my mistake for not noticing it...