Re: [Vm-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

Re: [Vm-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

Bert Freudenberg
On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 12:43 PM tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'll be standing for the board again this year. I've been around here a while and doing Smalltalk even longer.

Squeak is important. It's the best freely usable Smalltalk and it could be even better. Smalltalk is important; it's still the only language good enough to be worth critiquing. This community is important and it needs growing and energising.

Hear, hear.

I'll run again, too, for pretty much the same reasons.

I have much less time these days for Squeak than I'd like to, but I typically manage to attend our bi-weekly board meetings.

I'd still very much like to encourage other community members to step up - being on "The Board" is a fun way to give back to the community by just volunteering an hour every other week. Do it, or encourage someone you think would make a good leader :)

- Bert -