Re: about polling

1 message Options

Re: about polling

johnmci

At the vm level we have to consider the implications because the morphic  polling loop invokes ioGetNextEvent   which
depending on the platform and implementation does other house keeping chores.

For example the cocoa vm uses the ioGetNextEvent() to ask the VM if there are UI events to process so that logic would
have to be changed.

On 2010-09-10, at 1:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi eliot
>
> I saw the mail of john about the polling of events. Mike started to clean this situation in pharo
> and the results where encouraging (alain plantec could plug its own event manager and build some mocks up
> of UI in Rome) so  I hope that Cog will not be bound to the polling semantics of Squeak.
> From our side we will continue to push and clean all this aspect of the system as soon as our engineer arrives (november)
> and he is motivated to get that part cleaned.
>
> Stef

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment