Re: annotations fixed

stéphane ducasse-2

On 18 janv. 06, at 08:43, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did find a way to fix the annoations with the last amount of work:
> (but with editing the changesets in the stream...)
>
> I just added this method into the "recompile" changeset:
>
> !Encoder methodsFor: 'results' stamp: 'md 8/5/2005 16:58'!
> allLiterals
> (literalStream isKindOf: WriteStream) ifTrue: [
> self litIndex: nil.
> self litIndex: (self associationFor: class).
> ].
> ^ literalStream contents! !
>
> I will build a new 6713 based on that and will put it on ftp.
>
> We only need to make sure that we don't loose this method when
> doing the next mc-based update.

Ok do the following:
        change the cs.
        republish the modified package and udpate the script list (so that
there is no dirty package in the image)
        remove my image and put yours

> The other change can be done purely in mc, as there are no instances
> of MethodProperties.
>
> Memory now looks now much better: the memory the cms use is bigger,
> as we have 2 slots more in 44.000 method-dictionaries. That's all.
> With
> the new code that got added this makes 300k difference.
>
> I will do more harvesting in the evening.
>
>      Marcus

Re: annotations fixed

Marcus Denker

On 18.01.2006, at 09:06, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Ok do the following:
> change the cs.
> republish the modified package and udpate the script list (so that
> there is no dirty package in the image)
> remove my image and put yours

Ok, done. I put an updated Squeak3.9a-6713.zip and I did a changeset
and image for the next: Squeak3.9a-6714.zip,
this is just everything loaded cleanly with MC again.

       Marcus