Re: can't update trunk or: [Cog]

Ken Causey-3

>On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 03:42:57PM +0900, NISHIHARA Satoshi wrote:
>>
>> hello
>>
>> I've noticed that the SVN updating goes to fail.
>> said: "svn: Can't find a temporary directory: Internal error"
>>

> Thank you, it should be working now.
>
> Dave

This seems to be back again.

Thanks,

Ken

Re: can't update trunk or: [Cog]

Ken Causey-3

The temporary directory problem is gone now thanks!

I was able to checkout the image directory fine and got quite a ways
with the platforms directory but then it errored out with

A  platforms/Cross/vm/sqSCCSVersion.h
A  platforms/Cross/vm/sqExternalSemaphores.c
 U platforms

Fetching external item into
'platforms/Cross/http:/squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms/Cross/plugins'
svn: Unrecognized URL scheme 'plugins'

This is on the community server which is definitely aging so

$ svn --version
svn, version 1.1.4 (r13838)
   compiled May 13 2005, 06:29:47

Is the age of the client the problem perhaps?

Thanks,

Ken

Re: can't update trunk or: [Cog]

Ian Piumarta

Dear Ken,

I am able to checkout a fresh copy of the platforms tree using SVN 1.5.1 (from 2008).  When I try to "svn update" that fresh copy using SVN 1.4.4, I get the following:

svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'; please get a newer Subversion client

I therefore suspect that your suspicion about versions is correct.

The URL

> 'platforms/Cross/http:/squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms/Cross/plugins'

that your client generated for the updated file is very wrong.

HTH.

Regards,
Ian

RE: can't update trunk or: [Cog]