Re: error on starting Croquet, stack dump=call chain, collaborative language?

1 message Options

Re: error on starting Croquet, stack dump=call chain, collaborative language?

Paul Sheldon-2
I speculate from Conrad's answer that I am correct that a callback chain
might be
more suggestive as to meaning than stack dump. Contrary to ancient punchcard

darkages of programming, one doesn't look to the top on a list of "errors"
in a stack
dump. The bottom lines tell the object/procedure within where failure
occured.

So, thanks, Conrad.

I've successfully installed on several high end mac's and one laptop pc, but
some I
got this error on. Now that I know that unable to find function address
means a
package isn't installed, I'm starting to get the feel of this operating
system of
objects and what can go wrong.

A working hypothesis might be to click on install updates. I have devil's
advocate on
this hypothesis that the original beta would have been complete.

I'm a bit lost therefore, but a bit less clueless thanks to the stack dump
concept.

How does one install a package when their might be many to choose from made
by
various individuals called openal. I don't know how a collaborative language
works.