Re: getting Croquet to work (vista unix based?)

Re: getting Croquet to work (vista unix based?)

Paul Sheldon-2
This is something I heard in macintosh computer club
and had little more than hearsay to support my allegation.

I should have checked.

I googled vista unix and immediately came up with a hit "Is vista unix
based?"
which embarrassed me for swallowing hearsay whole.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=68315

My computer internet is slow now
since I am downloading 15.46MB from Einstein@home and have 23 of 24 items
of this page showing "forever" it seems.

The google hit list came up faster and I read that vista was more unix
compatible.
The entendre of the question, "Is vista unix based?", on a macintosh forum
strongly evidences a memory I have that os x is unix based
and that they are making a comparison of the long awaited vista
which in my crowd is alleged to imitate os x features.

I am not an expert in windows stuff, I only wanted to afford hope
that with vista we are on the same page running the squeak virtual machine
which makes all platforms alike.

Re: getting Croquet to work (vista unix based?)

Ric Moore
On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 08:00 -0800, [hidden email] wrote:

> This is something I heard in macintosh computer club
> and had little more than hearsay to support my allegation.
>
> I should have checked.
>
> I googled vista unix and immediately came up with a hit "Is vista unix
> based?"
> which embarrassed me for swallowing hearsay whole.
>
> http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=68315
>
> My computer internet is slow now
> since I am downloading 15.46MB from Einstein@home and have 23 of 24 items
> of this page showing "forever" it seems.
>
> The google hit list came up faster and I read that vista was more unix
> compatible.
> The entendre of the question, "Is vista unix based?", on a macintosh forum
> strongly evidences a memory I have that os x is unix based

Sure, BSD based I believe. Too bad they couldn't have gone with Linux.
Jobs would have eaten worms first, before using Linux! <cackles> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net