Re: getting help (X11 oop openGL?)

1 message Options

Re: getting help (X11 oop openGL?)

Paul Sheldon-2
I had been reading in chronological order after getting behind.

This made it easy for me to understand, but perhaps I erred responding
before I read all the time sequence I was late on.

Out of all my post, perhaps the speculation that X11 was oop openGL
and is some sort of BSD open thing is the most precious thing to hammer
down.

And so googling with mac safari query url parser :
X11 oop openGL wikipedia
narrowed hits to ~500,000.

http://www.x.org/ seemed the head honcho page.

I present, instead, a google cache url (probably broken, sorry) :
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:kCnHSaVDTv8J:www.feedbus.com/wikis/
wikipedia.php%3Ftitle%3DOpenGL+X11+oop+openGL
+wikipedia&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=safari

I quote :
"Higher level functionality

OpenGL was designed to be graphic output-only: it provides only rendering
functions. The core API has no concept of windowing systems, audio, printing
to the
screen, keyboard/mouse or other input devices. While this seems restrictive
at first,
it allows the code that does the rendering to be completely independent of
the
operating system it is running on, allowing cross-platform development.
However
some integration with the native windowing system is required to allow clean

interaction with the host system. This is performed through the following
add-on
APIs:

GLX – X11 (including network transparency) ..."

Maybe I suffer the Anderson effect on my own theories,
but I believe you put in something I would call a framework
to interface, not when needing API at programming time,
but to "subscribe to" to do something at run-time, this external whatever.

oop is intuitively connected to network (thinking textbook, however,
objects talk to others with others' messages).

Do you have X11 "frameworks" installed.

I worry about using the name framework as I think it is something
locally defined by the mac xcode community.