Re: linux squeak startup

Milan Zimmermann-2
Cedrik,

FWIW, the attached /etc/init.d/squeak_http is what I use to run seaside-based
applications on Linux startup. It was mostly borrowed from SuSE and should be
LSB 1.2 compliant, but not completely sure. Also, the main script actually
calls another one (squeak_http_service, also attached), I think the reason
was I wanted a script that can be edited by regular user, not sure why - you
can probably just move the corresponding start/stop sections from
squeak_http_service to squeak_http.

To enable it as startup service, run

chkconfig --add squeak_http

Milan

On 2006 June 20 10:42, cdrick wrote:

> Hi all :)
>
> do you know how to make an init.d script to start squeak each time a linux
> server starts... It's for seaside. For now I use a command line
> squeak -nodisplay myImage.image  but when I close the shell, squeak stops
> too
>
> Thanks for all :)
>
> Cédrick

squeak_http (9K) Download Attachment
squeak_http_service (2K) Download Attachment

Re: linux squeak startup

cedreek
cool ;)

thanks Milan ;)