Re: next steps..

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 08:46:07PM -0800, Chris Muller wrote:

> Wouldn't anyone else like to see World menu -> open... -> Mailing List Browser.
> It connects to a publicly-hosted db with a rich model of Threads, Messages,
> Posters, SqueakPeople, etc.  People could query for answers and run the
> (for example) doIt examples riight there, directly in the image..

Yes please. I suspect that there are any number of interesting shared
applications that might benefit from this approach. The one you are
describing would demonstrate the concept nicely and could be a very
useful tool in its own right.

Dave

Re: next steps..

Ramiro Diaz Trepat
+ 1
It sounds nice indeed.

On 11/22/06, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 08:46:07PM -0800, Chris Muller wrote:

> Wouldn't anyone else like to see World menu -> open... -> Mailing List Browser.
> It connects to a publicly-hosted db with a rich model of Threads, Messages,
> Posters, SqueakPeople, etc.  People could query for answers and run the
> (for example) doIt examples riight there, directly in the image..

Yes please. I suspect that there are any number of interesting shared
applications that might benefit from this approach. The one you are
describing would demonstrate the concept nicely and could be a very
useful tool in its own right.

Dave

Re: next steps..

garduino
+ 1
I full agree.

Germán.

2006/11/22, Ramiro Diaz Trepat <[hidden email]>:

> + 1
> It sounds nice indeed.
>

> On 11/22/06, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 08:46:07PM -0800, Chris Muller wrote:
> > >
> > > Wouldn't anyone else like to see World menu -> open... -> Mailing List
> Browser.
> > > It connects to a publicly-hosted db with a rich model of Threads,
> Messages,
> > > Posters, SqueakPeople, etc.  People could query for answers and run the
> > > (for example) doIt examples riight there, directly in the image..
> >
> > Yes please. I suspect that there are any number of interesting shared
> > applications that might benefit from this approach. The one you are
> > describing would demonstrate the concept nicely and could be a very
> > useful tool in its own right.
> >
> > Dave

Re: next steps..

Reinhard Handl
+1
wonderful idea.

rfh

Germán Arduino schrieb:

> + 1
> I full agree.
>
> Germán.
>

> 2006/11/22, Ramiro Diaz Trepat <[hidden email]>:
>> + 1
>> It sounds nice indeed.

>> List
>> Browser.
>> Messages,
>> run the
>> >
>> > Yes please. I suspect that there are any number of interesting shared
>> > applications that might benefit from this approach. The one you are
>> > describing would demonstrate the concept nicely and could be a very
>> > useful tool in its own right.
>> >
>> > Dave

Re: next steps..

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi