Re: smalltalk operation

Noury Bouraqadi
The is no. At least for Squeak. I guess it's the same for VW.
Bernard Pottier pointed this issue (in his talk last ESUG conference ?)

Noury
Note : Please send your questions about Smalltalk to ESUG members list
([hidden email]) to get more answers.

Le 2 mai 06, à 15:40, THOMAS JAMES a écrit :

> Is there any advantage in a dual-core processor when running Smalltalk?
>      Your views appreciated.
>         Tom Keenan     [hidden email]

> Yahoo! Security Centre._______________________________________________
> Esug mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.esug.org/listinfo/esug

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: an Open Source Smalltalk
http://www.squeak.org

Re: smalltalk operation

jarober
Using VW, any external API calls can be threaded, and those threads may
(depending on the OS) use the second CPU.  As well, if VW (or Squeak) are
running on a dual CPU box, then that second CPU provides more "processing
space" for other applications.

At 05:11 AM 5/3/2006, you wrote:

>The is no. At least for Squeak. I guess it's the same for VW.
>Bernard Pottier pointed this issue (in his talk last ESUG conference ?)
>
>Noury
>Note : Please send your questions about Smalltalk to ESUG members list
>([hidden email]) to get more answers.
>
>Le 2 mai 06, à 15:40, THOMAS JAMES a écrit :
>
>>Is there any advantage in a dual-core processor when running Smalltalk?
>>      Your views appreciated.
>>         Tom Keenan     [hidden email]
>>
>>To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new
>>Yahoo! Security Centre._______________________________________________
>>Esug mailing list
>>[hidden email]
>>http://lists.esug.org/listinfo/esug
>Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
>Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
>http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury
>
>European Smalltalk Users Group Board
>http://www.esug.org
>
>Squeak: an Open Source Smalltalk
>http://www.squeak.org

James Robertson, Product Manager, Cincom Smalltalk
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView