Re: squeak and midi on linux [SOLVED]

dabrowsa@indiana.edu

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.audio/51

muO looks extremely interesting.  I've downloaded and installed it.

First problem:  when I open ConfigurationManager and go to the Midi tab,
the "MusicMachine chooseMIDIPort" button doesn't seem to do anything.

I've imported a midi file, but when I try to play it I get an error -
image attached.  Something about a UnixProcessAccessor not understanding
#childWatcherThread.

ThumbnailImage.png (17K) Download Attachment
dabrowsa.vcf (222 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Re: squeak and midi on linux [SOLVED]

Stéphane Rollandin
Andrew Dabrowski wrote:

> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.audio/51
>
> muO looks extremely interesting.  I've downloaded and installed it.
> First problem:  when I open ConfigurationManager and go to the Midi tab,
> the "MusicMachine chooseMIDIPort" button doesn't seem to do anything.
> I've imported a midi file, but when I try to play it I get an error -
> image attached.  Something about a UnixProcessAccessor not understanding
> #childWatcherThread.

uh. no idea what this means.

I develop muO on windows, so I'm afraid I can not help as much as I
would like.

maybe try to upgrade OSProcess. the version provided with muO is rather
old, because newer versions lack the windows dll.

as for MusicMachine chooseMIDIPort not doing anything, I think this is
because there is currently no MIDI support in the linux VM (don't ask me
why..)

regards,