Re: [squeak-dev] Call for All-in-One help

Re: [squeak-dev] Call for All-in-One help

Levente Uzonyi-2

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Chris Muller wrote:

> I have just posted Squeak-4.2-All-in-One.zip to http://ftp.squeak.org/4.2.
>
> It's a zip that contains VM's for Windows, Linux and Mac.  The idea is
> anyone can download this, unzip it, then simply double-click on the
> appropriate launch:
>
>  Linux users --> squeak.sh
>  Windows users --> Squeak.exe
>  Mac -->
>
> I have access to Linux and Windows, this is working with the latest
> VMs (Linux 4.4.7 and 4.1.1 Windows) for those platforms.  However, the
> Mac VM currently included is the one that was shipped in the
> Squeak-4.1-All-in-One.zip.  I don't know if we want to include
> Estebans new VM with 4.2 or not.
>
> I have no access or knowledge about Macs.  Would someone with a Mac
> please help us and test and/or upgrade the Mac VM in this file?  This
> is one of the last remaining steps to release 4.2.

What's the status of the VM builds for Windows and Mac? IIRC the original
planned release date was december and later was changed to january.
What's the status of Cog VMs? It would be nice to include those too.

Levente

> Thanks,
>  Chris

Re: [squeak-dev] Call for All-in-One help

David T. Lewis

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 10:33:41PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> What's the status of the VM builds for Windows and Mac? IIRC the original
> planned release date was december and later was changed to january.
> What's the status of Cog VMs? It would be nice to include those too.

Estaban is building both the standard and Cog VMs for Mac. I expect
that we'll hear from Andreas shortly r.e. Windows. Cog for Linux
expect will come from Eliot (there are good versions already in
circulation).

Be patient for another week or two, and sorry for the delays. A
special note of appreciation is due to Esteban for taking on the
Mac VM responsibilities and of course to Eliot for creating the
new Cog VM.

Dave