Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Linux and ttyUSB0

Séverin Lemaignan

Ok, I've submitted a bug (http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7266)
concerning the serial port issue. I attached along my patch. I don't
know how to extract a patch from the Squeak image to distribute the
required modifications to the SerialPort class, but if someone
explains, I'll happily add it to the bug report.

Bye,
Séverin

> S??verin,
>
> Good question. I'm not sure if there is an "official" process for this,
> but what I would suggest is to open a bug report on Mantis (bugs.squeak.org)
> and upload your patches there. Then mention the bug report here on the list,
> and also on the vm-dev list (http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev).
>
> The primary VM developers watch the vm-dev list (somewhat intermittently)
> so that will be the best place to figure out how to get your fixes into the
> Subversion repository.
>
> Dave

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Linux and ttyUSB0

Ken Causey-3

http://vimeo.com/groups/squeak/videos/1495355

Also see the project documentation on http://bugs.squeak.org/ by
clicking 'docs' in the link list near the top.

Ken

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 00:48 +0100, Séverin Lemaignan wrote:

> Ok, I've submitted a bug (http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7266)
> concerning the serial port issue. I attached along my patch. I don't
> know how to extract a patch from the Squeak image to distribute the
> required modifications to the SerialPort class, but if someone
> explains, I'll happily add it to the bug report.
>
> Bye,
> Séverin
>

> > S??verin,
> >
> > Good question. I'm not sure if there is an "official" process for this,
> > but what I would suggest is to open a bug report on Mantis (bugs.squeak.org)
> > and upload your patches there. Then mention the bug report here on the list,
> > and also on the vm-dev list (http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev).
> >
> > The primary VM developers watch the vm-dev list (somewhat intermittently)
> > so that will be the best place to figure out how to get your fixes into the
> > Subversion repository.
> >
> > Dave

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Linux and ttyUSB0

Séverin Lemaignan

Ok, thanks. ChangeSet added to the bu report.

Séverin