Re: [squeak-dev] Re: The boundary between 3.10 and 3.11 [Archivos adjuntos 2]

1 message Options

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: The boundary between 3.10 and 3.11 [Archivos adjuntos 2]

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 12/17/09 7:56 PM, "Andreas Raab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>> On 12/17/09 7:30 PM, "Andreas Raab" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Sounds great. If the CS' are not too big, please send them to Squeak-dev
>>> as well.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>    - Andreas
>> Yes, was my intention.
>> I gz compress, think the list until the "boundary" can't be big.
>> I fileOut fron newer Trunk and do .cs for system don't complain, agree ?
>
> You may have to use an older image - possibly as close to the boundary
> as you can make it.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

Following private advice by Andreas:
I start with clean Squeak3.10.gamma.
Made the .cs in the order first 3.102 image load from trunk.
The point of change is

>>From update-ar.5.log
>
> ========== Compiler-ar.68 ==========
>
> Prerequiste changes for Closure installation.

So, the last of old .cs should be
7213AdvanceTo3dot10final.1.cs, included in the Tar and gz file.
Here I made a clean Squeak3.10final.7213.image , ready to put in ftp if all
agree.
The system is ready for hitting the updates button , follow actual Trunk
updates.

You only need fileIn first SystemProgressMorphGlue.1.cs (we could hide in
7214AdvanceTo3dot11)

I let the system go and seems load updates.

Edgar