Re: [squeak-dev] VM sending keystrokes on mouse-wheel?

1 message Options

Re: [squeak-dev] VM sending keystrokes on mouse-wheel?

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Tom, Hi Chris,

see commit d964e7 which has the X11 code do the same as the iOS code.  I'd love it if someone who knows Windows would test the same thing there-on.  Also, are the "#ifndef NO_WHEEL_MOUSE" defines necessary (eg perhaps required for WINCE) ?  It would be lovely just to include the code unadorned by the noise, or to use something less tacky such as "#if defined(WM_MOUSEWHEEL)".  Chris, can you see if this fixes your issue?

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 7:16 PM Beckmann, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm also on Linux-x64, experiencing the same issue. If I'm not missing something, it should boil down to this PR https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/155/files​ and the fact that HandMorph>>filterEvent:for: only translate Ctrl+up/down, while passing on Ctrl+left/right as normal key events.

So the VM now generates Ctrl+left/right whenever you (accidentally) scroll horizontally, this moves the cursor by a word, which in turn instructs the text view to scroll back to the area where the cursor currently is.

Best,
Tom