Really silly newbie question..

squeaker
Hello,

I have just installed and started playing with squeak 4.1 all-in-one edition. I have just found an annoyance, which I couldn't get rid of. There is a white text area at the bottom of the squeak main window. It seems to be up all the time and it is on top of all other components, i.e. menus, other windows within squeak goes under it.

How could I get rid of this text area? I drew the border of that text area with a red rectangle as you can find in attachments.

Thanks in advance.

SqueakMainWindow.JPG (17K) Download Attachment

Re: Really silly newbie question..

Andreas.Raab
Hi Junkie Junk -

The window is a debug console of the Squeak VM. To get rid of it, hit F2
to conjure up the VM's preferences menu and then under "Debug Options"
turn off "Show output console".

Cheers,
   - Andreas

On 5/24/2011 2:03, Junkie Junk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just installed and started playing with squeak 4.1 all-in-one
> edition. I have just found an annoyance, which I couldn't get rid of.
> There is a white text area at the bottom of the squeak main window. It
> seems to be up all the time and it is on top of all other components,
> i.e. menus, other windows within squeak goes under it.
>
> How could I get rid of this text area? I drew the border of that text
> area with a red rectangle as you can find in attachments.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: Really silly newbie question..

squeaker
Yayyyyyyyyy.. Finally it is gone..!  Thanks very much for your reply guys =D