Rebuild VMMaker on MacOS 10.5

Jean Baptiste Arnaud

Hi,
I try to rebuild the VM on a Mac OS 10.5, to do that i follow all the step of the ReadMe.txt in documentation of the source.

First i install Xcode ( ver 3.1.3, with powerPC support).
Then, i install a clean install of VMMaker :
-Last Squeak image (ver  3.10.2 7179).
-Installing ballon 3D, then FFI and Klatt.
-VMMaker and Alien Support.

generate a the src.
"Gnuify" the src.
and build the project xcode (with the project in platform Mac Os source ):
all file are present except "Squeak VM Opt.app", but i think it's normal.

i try to compile, a error ld: library not found for -lcrt1.10.5.o
 any idea of how i resolve that ?

--
Arnaud Jean Baptiste
PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr

Re: Rebuild VMMaker on MacOS 10.5

johnmci

missing Squeak VM Opt.app is normal since you are about to build that

One of Apple's tech suport notes

> You also need to pass -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 in order to build a
> binary that will link against the 10.4u SDK and run on the 10.4
> system.
>
> http://lists.apple.com/archives/darwin-dev/2007/Feb/msg00030.html
>
> This wasn't mentioned in the tech note from 2005 because, well, 10.4
> was the default in 2005.
>
> Chris

So only only do you say you are using the 10.4 SDK, you have to say in
the build settings that you have a min operating system version
setting of 10.4
Although likely it's 10.3

--
=
=

Re: Rebuild VMMaker on MacOS 10.5

johnmci

Well there was some changes to the serial code in VMMaker-dtl.136
maybe try using vmmaker at VMMaker-dtl.135
until I can change things to support that stuff in 1.36

Or maybe in xcode uncheck building the sqMacSerialPort.c
and check to build the sqUnixSerial.c.

--
=
=