Red/Cyan anaglyph filter in Croquet

RichWhite
Is anyone aware of a filter existing in the Croquet code (like the
wire frame window that could be brought up in Cobalt) that can be
applied - but in this case a red/cyan anaglyph filter (as opposed to
the wireframe filter/window).

Best Regards,
- Rich

Re: [croquet-dev] Red/Cyan anaglyph filter in Croquet

Ed Boyce
Rich: Yes -- but it was deployed in Jasmine Croquet.  I'll find it and
give you a link to download.  It worked so beautifully -- and I
demonstrated it at C5 in 2006. I would love for it to be ported to Cobalt.
(and would do it myself if I had the opportunity).

    -- Ed

Rich White wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a filter existing in the Croquet code (like the
> wire frame window that could be brought up in Cobalt) that can be
> applied - but in this case a red/cyan anaglyph filter (as opposed to
> the wireframe filter/window).
>
> Best Regards,
> - Rich

Re: Red/Cyan anaglyph filter in Croquet

Darius Clarke
Ed,

Did you get a chance to post the anaglyph filter code link?

- Darius
___

Rich White wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a filter existing in the Croquet code (like the
> wire frame window that could be brought up in Cobalt) that can be
> applied - but in this case a red/cyan anaglyph filter (as opposed to
> the wireframe filter/window).
>
> Best Regards,
> - Rich

Re: [Croquet Cobalt] Red/Cyan anaglyph filter in Croquet

Nikolay Suslov
Hello,

I have just uploaded the experimental anaglyph TStereoFilter into Cobalt contributions repository.
It is based on the work of Daniel Faken (ChemStereo for Croquet Jasmine).

Best regards,
Nikolay

stereoFilter.jpg (50K) Download Attachment

John Dougan

Re: [Croquet Cobalt] Red/Cyan anaglyph filter in Croquet

Nikolay Suslov
John,

Yes, it would be great.
Thinking that this feature will give an interesting immersion experience to anyone who will work with Cobalt modeling tools especially, like editing mode, painting in 3D, CAD  etc., and have an ability to interact with virtual world in stereo mode, conformable to the human perception of reality.

Thanks,
Nikolay

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:30 AM, John Dougan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

glMultiTexCoord2fARB - Error: Unable to find function address

Matthew Chadwick-2
I'm getting this error when I use this function and other glMultiTex
functions. Other EXT and ARB functions work fine. What could be wrong ?

It stems from OGLWin32(Object)>>externalCallFailed

The card is a recent NVidia card, OpenGL is all working fine (e.g.
Cobalt runs), and the same code runs fine on my ATI card.

Re: glMultiTexCoord2fARB - Error: Unable to find function address

Igor Stasenko
Hehe,
i am planning to do it right with my NB->OpenGL bindings.

It fails , because all extension function pointer on windoze, should
be fetched using
wglGetProcAddress at already created , and selected rendering context.
See:
http://www.opengl.org/resources/code/samples/sig99/advanced99/notes/node396.html

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: glMultiTexCoord2fARB - Error: Unable to find function address

Bert Freudenberg
Hi Igor,

you should take a closer look at Croquet's FFI bindings. All the function addresses *are* replaced upon context creation. Otherwise this wouldn't work at all.

- Bert -

On 16 May 2010 20:16, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Igor,
>
> you should take a closer look at Croquet's FFI bindings. All the function addresses *are* replaced upon context creation. Otherwise this wouldn't work at all.

I dimly remember how its done.
The other thing is, that depending on a chosen context's pixel format
it may or may not support an extension.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.