Refactory in 3.9?

Jason Rogers-4
Using the  3.8 Refactoring Browser in 3.9 doesn't work too well.

Some issues I have seen:
- renaming instance variables doesn't update the display of the Class
definition (eg. rename b to bytes -- the iVar is renamed but you don't
see it as such until you deselect and reselect the class definition)
- trying to rename a method has rendered my image non-responsive until it died

I am using Squeak 3.8.12beta4U for Mac on a MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo.

--
Jason Rogers

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    Proverbs 29:18

Re: Refactory in 3.9?

Marcus Denker

On 10.09.2006, at 16:27, Jason Rogers wrote:

> Using the  3.8 Refactoring Browser in 3.9 doesn't work too well.

There is an extra version for 3.9. For that, you need to install:

  1) AST
  2) RefectoringEngine

the RefectoringEngine does contain a Browser for now, but the plan
is to remove that and use Services to add Refactoring to all the
Browsers...).

    Marcus

> Some issues I have seen:
> - renaming instance variables doesn't update the display of the Class
> definition (eg. rename b to bytes -- the iVar is renamed but you don't
> see it as such until you deselect and reselect the class definition)
> - trying to rename a method has rendered my image non-responsive
> until it died
>
> I am using Squeak 3.8.12beta4U for Mac on a MacBook Pro Intel Core
> Duo.
>
> --
> Jason Rogers
>
> "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
>    Proverbs 29:18

Re: Refactory in 3.9?

Lex Spoon
Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> writes:
> There is an extra version for 3.9. For that, you need to install:
>
>   1) AST
>   2) RefectoringEngine
>
> the RefectoringEngine does contain a Browser for now, but the plan
> is to remove that and use Services to add Refactoring to all the
> Browsers...).

If you post it on Package Universes, then you can record those
dependencies and make life easier for users.  Then, they would just
select "Refactoring Browser" and install it.

-Lex