Removing CMakeCache.txt from CMMakeVMMaker

Removing CMakeCache.txt from CMMakeVMMaker

Mariano Martinez Peck

Hi Igor. I found myself removing by hand the CMakeCache.txt   all the times. I don't know if this necessary after all #generateWithSources  but just in case I always do it. I don't notice a performance problem when the cache is removing...So...in order to avoid unnecessary problems and having to remove the cache by hand...what about doing that in #generate?   Or if you don't want that...what about  #cleanAndGenerate or #cleanAndGenerateWithSources.

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Removing CMakeCache.txt from CMMakeVMMaker

Igor Stasenko

On 11 April 2011 14:46, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Igor. I found myself removing by hand the CMakeCache.txt   all the times. I don't know if this necessary after all #generateWithSources  but just in case I always do it. I don't notice a performance problem when the cache is removing...So...in order to avoid unnecessary problems and having to remove the cache by hand...what about doing that in #generate?   Or if you don't want that...what about  #cleanAndGenerate or #cleanAndGenerateWithSources.

It should check automatically and invalidate the cache if you changed
something in configs.
So, you don't need to remove it manually.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 11 April 2011 14:46, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Igor. I found myself removing by hand the CMakeCache.txt   all the times. I don't know if this necessary after all #generateWithSources  but just in case I always do it. I don't notice a performance problem when the cache is removing...So...in order to avoid unnecessary problems and having to remove the cache by hand...what about doing that in #generate?   Or if you don't want that...what about  #cleanAndGenerate or #cleanAndGenerateWithSources.

It should check automatically and invalidate the cache if you changed
something in configs.
So, you don't need to remove it manually.

I am sure that this is not correclty working and that a lot of times I have to remove it by hand. But since I cannot find one now....I will wait until I find a reproducable case :)