Removing unwanted changes from a Monticello changeset.

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Removing unwanted changes from a Monticello changeset.

Michael Davies-2
I've made some changes to PluggableListMorph to allow it to give a preview of keystroke events to the model, and I want to publish them, but when I look at the changes in Monticello, it's spotted that I've got some other changes to Morphic, which I don't want them to be included. I'm going to save a copy of my image, revert the unwanted changes and then publish from there, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to handle this situation?

Thanks,
Michael

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Removing unwanted changes from a Monticello changeset.

Eliot Miranda-2

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 6:22 AM, Michael Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've made some changes to PluggableListMorph to allow it to give a preview of keystroke events to the model, and I want to publish them, but when I look at the changes in Monticello, it's spotted that I've got some other changes to Morphic, which I don't want them to be included. I'm going to save a copy of my image, revert the unwanted changes and then publish from there, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to handle this situation?

Open up the single or dual change set editor (either on the open... or the changes menu) and edit the change set  as required.  The editor is straight-forward.

Thanks,
Michael

Reply | Threaded
|

Eliot Miranda-2

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ignore me.  It's too early in the morning.  Sorry.

Open up the single or dual change set editor (either on the open... or the changes menu) and edit the change set  as required.  The editor is straight-forward.

Thanks,
Michael

Reply | Threaded
|

Eliot Miranda-2
In reply to this post by Michael Davies-2

What I do is revert the changes, publish, exit the image (without saving), restart the image and merge with the package I juts published.

Thanks,
Michael

Reply | Threaded
|

Levente Uzonyi-2
In reply to this post by Michael Davies-2
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Michael Davies wrote:

> I've made some changes to PluggableListMorph to allow it to give a preview
> of keystroke events to the model, and I want to publish them, but when I
> look at the changes in Monticello, it's spotted that I've got some other
> changes to Morphic, which I don't want them to be included. I'm going to
> save a copy of my image, revert the unwanted changes and then publish from
> there, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to handle this situation?

If you're looking at the changes with MC you can open the menu on each
change (by right click) and revert it.

Levente

>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Michael Davies-2

On 13 March 2010 20:02, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Michael Davies wrote:

I've made some changes to PluggableListMorph to allow it to give a preview
of keystroke events to the model, and I want to publish them, but when I
look at the changes in Monticello, it's spotted that I've got some other
changes to Morphic, which I don't want them to be included. I'm going to
save a copy of my image, revert the unwanted changes and then publish from
there, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to handle this situation?

If you're looking at the changes with MC you can open the menu on each change (by right click) and revert it.

Thanks both for your responses. I wasn't able to successfully revert all my changes as there were a few dependencies between them which were a bit too tricky for me to work out in reverse, and I ended up crashing my image a couple of times. Instead I ended up filing out PluggableListMorph and loading it into a cleaner image, from where I could publish it.