Request: type as argument name

Waldemar Schwan-2
Hello everyone.

This is an request to the developer of Croquet.

For me, developing in Smalltalk, it war allways a good hint when
arguments named like the expected type.

example:
        add: aCharacter map at: aCharacter asciiValue+1 put: 1.

Currently in Croquet there are some methods where this is not the case
like:
        TPortal>>ghost: g
                ghost := g.

It whould be great if you can change this in an later release.
For me small things like this makes life easyer and developing more
fun because you spend less time searching for the right classes.

Cheers
        Waldemar

Re: Request: type as argument name

Bert Freudenberg

Am 28.08.2008 um 18:31 schrieb Waldemar Schwan:

> Hello everyone.
>
> This is an request to the developer of Croquet.
>
> For me, developing in Smalltalk, it war allways a good hint when
> arguments named like the expected type.
>
> example:
> add: aCharacter map at: aCharacter asciiValue+1 put: 1.
>
> Currently in Croquet there are some methods where this is not the
> case like:
> TPortal>>ghost: g
> ghost := g.
>
> It whould be great if you can change this in an later release.

This is an open-source project, *you* can make it better. Submit a
patch, now that you learned what the ghost is.

- Bert -

Re: Request: type as argument name

Waldemar Schwan-2
Well thats the point. I'm still trying to understand how to use
overlays and ghost.

Am 28.08.2008 um 19:23 schrieb Waldemar Schwan:

> Well thats the point. I'm still trying to understand how to use
> overlays and ghost.

Well, if you browse the instance variable refs to "ghost" you'll find
it is sent #ghostFrames, which is only implemented by TGhostGroup.

So there you are, make that method "ghost: aGhostGroup".

- Bert -