Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Edgar J. De Cleene
People what could have interest in MorphicWrappers and/or MathMorphs.

Sure I lack the vision and excellent work of creators of these packages, but
with mixing and glue (some luck guess too), I have part working in one of my
experiments , as you could see.

The Function Plotter Gallery
http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~caniglia/Andres/gallery.html
Could work and many of MorphicWrappers too.

So if any have code what once work send me private.
Or any what think a small math / physics  image could have sense, also
contact me.

Very thanks

Picture 2.jpg (40K) Download Attachment

Re: Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Milan Zimmermann-2
On 2006 May 24 10:29, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> People what could have interest in MorphicWrappers and/or MathMorphs.

Hi Edgar,

I am still subscribed to the Math-Morph mailing list, I assume they are no
longer maintained (for a looong time). Are you saying you are bringing
MathMorphs back to life on more recent Squeak? That would be nice, and I
could offer help, not saying how valuable help and how much :) but interested
in trying,

Milan

> Sure I lack the vision and excellent work of creators of these packages,
> but with mixing and glue (some luck guess too), I have part working in one
> of my experiments , as you could see.
>
> The Function Plotter Gallery
> http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~caniglia/Andres/gallery.html
> Could work and many of MorphicWrappers too.
>
> So if any have code what once work send me private.
> Or any what think a small math / physics  image could have sense, also
> contact me.
>
> Very thanks

Re: Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Edgar J. De Cleene
Milan Zimmermann puso en su mail :

> Hi Edgar,
>
> I am still subscribed to the Math-Morph mailing list, I assume they are no
> longer maintained (for a looong time). Are you saying you are bringing
> MathMorphs back to life on more recent Squeak? That would be nice, and I
> could offer help, not saying how valuable help and how much :) but interested
> in trying,
>
> Milan
Yes, that is what I saying.

On my SqueakLight what once was 3.7 based and each day is near to 3.9.

What I have is a all sources stuff collect from 2.2 days to 3.6 days what is
the last what Francisco Garau publish.

My very glued SqueakLightMW.image could produce all plots in
http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~caniglia/Andres/gallery.html.

Also have most of direct manipulation on Morphs

Some what I do for working is sure bad , for many undocumentated calls, and
changes from MorphicWrappers (and from Squeak) are do lucky guess to have
working.

Some things still don't found, like VibratingStringMorphs or Sturm's theorem
graph mentions in mathmorph chapter in Squeak book.

So if you (or any) have any pieces of code, please send to me.

Or Luciano Notarfrancesco , Leandro Caniglia , Gerardo Richarte or any of
others "marvel guys" are reading and have old pieces of wisdom to share ,
let me know.

I start to polish what I have and could put available soon.

Thanks Milan and could email direct to me.

Edgar

Esa persona especial te espera en Yahoo! Encuentros.
¡Dejate encontrar!
http://ar.encuentros.yahoo.com/

Re: Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Serge Stinckwich-4
Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene a écrit :

> People what could have interest in MorphicWrappers and/or MathMorphs.
>
> Sure I lack the vision and excellent work of creators of these packages, but
> with mixing and glue (some luck guess too), I have part working in one of my
> experiments , as you could see.
>
> The Function Plotter Gallery
> http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~caniglia/Andres/gallery.html
> Could work and many of MorphicWrappers too.
>
> So if any have code what once work send me private.
> Or any what think a small math / physics  image could have sense, also
> contact me.

It's very nice if you could ressurect some of this nice old code ;-)
I would like to help for MathMorphs. Maybe we could start by creating a
SqueakSource project : http://squeaksource.com/

I start to put some links in the squeak-fr Wiki :
http://community.ofset.org/wiki/MathMorphs

Some of my students, have made something similar for algorithms,
AlgoMorphs : http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr/serge/AlgoMorph
But it's a very old project (2001-2002), i think it doesn't work anymore
on modern Squeak image ...

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##

Re: Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Edgar J. De Cleene
Serge Stinckwich puso en su mail :

> It's very nice if you could ressurect some of this nice old code ;-)
> I would like to help for MathMorphs. Maybe we could start by creating a
> SqueakSource project : http://squeaksource.com/
>
> I start to put some links in the squeak-fr Wiki :
> http://community.ofset.org/wiki/MathMorphs
>
> Some of my students, have made something similar for algorithms,
> AlgoMorphs : http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr/serge/AlgoMorph
> But it's a very old project (2001-2002), i think it doesn't work anymore
> on modern Squeak image ...

Very good Serge !!
Now we are tree.
I could use your swiki if you wish, but in English or Spanish
See what is in http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr/serge/AlgoMorph and if could run
or not.
Send notice to list when ready.

Edgar

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Edgar J. De Cleene
Milan , Serge (and others MathMorphs entusiasts)

I have a "one Page Web viewer" what could read text pages likes

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Curves/Curves.html

And just have the old Linear Algebra book and change set working as you see.
All in 6.3 Mb , about 1/3 of regular Squeak,

Now I beg Math Squeakers help me sending how to plot the curves with
XYPlotter or ThetaRhoPlotter

I copy from the site for Cardioid curve.
Cartesian equation:
(x2 + y2 - 2ax)2 = 4a2(x2 + y2)
Polar equation:
r = 2a(1 + cos())

And I have
example1
    "Ask the resulting object to replot"

    | answer |

    answer _ self new.
    answer dotSize: 5.
    answer drawSteps: 8.
    answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function sin) asStretcher
freq: 4).
    answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function sin) asStretcher
freq: 4; xShift: Float pi / 4).
    answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function cos) asStretcher
freq: 4).
    answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function cos) asStretcher
freq: 4; xShift: Float pi / 4).
    answer addFunction: (Function constant: 2.4).
    answer addFunction: (Function constant: 5.6).
    answer addFunction: (Function cos asStretcher freq: 4; amp: 2).
    answer addFunction: (Function sin asStretcher freq: 4; amp: 2).
    answer domain: (ClosedInterval from: 0 to: 2 * Float pi).
    ^answer

My spells works for have old code in new images, but I do not how math  :=)

Help the orphans !!!

Edgar

Picture 2.png (46K) Download Attachment

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene a écrit :
> People what could have interest in MorphicWrappers and/or MathMorphs.

MorphicWrapper seems to be no more available on SqueakMap.

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##

Re: Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Milan Zimmermann-2
Hi Edgar,

Let me first describe some history, what I know about MathMorphs (not
much :-( ) etc. I discovered them some 3 years ago, I completely loved the
page, but never found time really even try - I subscribed to the maling list,
but by that time, it was already quiet. I occasionally visited the home page

http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~caniglia/mathMorphs.html

in a hope that will come to life, but it sounds it needs a respirator help :)

In your previous email I think you asked if someone has some older code for
it, I do not unfortunately.

For my benefit, let me start with some categorizing what projects I see on the
home page:

        1) Linear Algebra (several versions it seems)
        2) ModularInteger
        3) MonomialOrderings / Algebraic Geometry
        4) PhysicsMorphs
        5) MetricSpaces
        6) Fibbonaci
        7) SEquences
        8) Function Plotter
        9) Projective Geometry
        10) Converter to TeX
        11) Dan Ingalls "MathMorphs Compatibility package"
        12) Graphs and Turing Machines
        13) Finite Groups
        14) Sturm Plotter
        15) Vibrating Strings Morph
        16) Algebraic Geometry (related to 3?)
        17) Probablilities

A few questions:
        - Sounds like you said there is some source you are looking for - does that
mean there is some stuff out there more up to date than on the page?
        - Do you have a list of what projects you tried, which seem to load, which
work (partly/fully), which do not, etc?
        - Sounds like you are running it in your minimal 3.9 version, is it possible
to download it somewhere?
        - How do MorphicWrappers come into the picture - Is it perhaps a version of
11) above?
        - Do you know if the original authors still do Squeak or are available ...

Maybe we can evaluate the above packages as to their status in 3.9 as
non-loadable/loadable/not-working/working and work towards fixing that
according to each one's interest?

Let me know what you think, Milan

PS: We can continue outside of the list to not clutter it much...

PS: I will probably have some occasional time and hopefully more over the
summer, so it would be fun project...

On 2006 May 25 15:51, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Milan , Serge (and others MathMorphs entusiasts)
>
> I have a "one Page Web viewer" what could read text pages likes
>
> http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Curves/Curves.html
>
> And just have the old Linear Algebra book and change set working as you
> see. All in 6.3 Mb , about 1/3 of regular Squeak,
>
> Now I beg Math Squeakers help me sending how to plot the curves with
> XYPlotter or ThetaRhoPlotter
>
> I copy from the site for Cardioid curve.
> Cartesian equation:
> (x2 + y2 - 2ax)2 = 4a2(x2 + y2)
> Polar equation:
> r = 2a(1 + cos())
>

> And I have
> example1
>     "Ask the resulting object to replot"
>
>     | answer |
>
>     answer _ self new.
>     answer dotSize: 5.
>     answer drawSteps: 8.
>     answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function sin)
> asStretcher freq: 4).
>     answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function sin)
> asStretcher freq: 4; xShift: Float pi / 4).
>     answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function cos)
> asStretcher freq: 4).
>     answer addFunction: (((Function constant: 4) + Function cos)
> asStretcher freq: 4; xShift: Float pi / 4).
>     answer addFunction: (Function constant: 2.4).
>     answer addFunction: (Function constant: 5.6).
>     answer addFunction: (Function cos asStretcher freq: 4; amp: 2).
>     answer addFunction: (Function sin asStretcher freq: 4; amp: 2).
>     answer domain: (ClosedInterval from: 0 to: 2 * Float pi).
>     ^answer
>
> My spells works for have old code in new images, but I do not how math  :=)
>
> Help the orphans !!!
>
> Edgar

Re: Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Edgar J. De Cleene
Serge Stinckwich puso en su mail :

> MorphicWrapper seems to be no more available on SqueakMap.
Exists a version sended by Francisco Garau for 3.6.

I have working in regular 3.7 and send a little fix for when you have a
clipboardText could use when do "typing on the air" after pressing tab a
while ago.

That version have changes and many more old code like "books" of MathMorphs
ans some graphic .cs do not work.

What I doing is try to mix all, and made something what loads and perform
85% what once work.

That in my cooked .image what I think could be available this week end.

When I figure how have a 3.9 version I send news in form of MC2 package,
what by the way have working in other small cooked image.

Also I was able to load your students code, and still looking some French
reading person for help me and full understand the .pdf what they do.

Cheers.

Edgar

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: Rescue of forgiven nice orphans

Edgar J. De Cleene
Milan:

Very thanks for your categorizing of MathMorphs
home page.
I downloadind some what I do not test yet.
The Sturm Plotter links fail, so if someone have a .cs, send me.
I start to request of my clever student what wish know how to plot some
function on Squeak,
And to prove all my skills on mixing all Squeak code , no matter in what
image was produced and have some working result.
I very like any email private and as I said hope some final clean could
produce some MathSqueak.image.
That image I repeat was born as 3.7 but now have many 3.8 and 3.9
compatibility.
I hope in a future reach a 3.9 minimal image.

Or wait  Spoon
(Esperando tener una cuchara en la mano cuando llueva sopa)
What lousy translate as :
You hope have a spoon on your have the day what rain is of soupe :=)