Resist being picked up

Bob.Cowdery

This should be easy but I've not arrived at an answer. I have a bunch of custom morphs that I want to 'lock down' when the application is running, i.e. stop them being picked up. The code behind the halo menu 'resist being picked up' must do the job I want but I can't figure how to find it. Can someone point me how to locate this code.

Thanks

Bob

*** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.

Re: Resist being picked up

Tom Phoenix

> This should be easy but I've not arrived at an answer. I have a bunch of
> custom morphs that I want to 'lock down' when the application is
> running, i.e. stop them being picked up. The code behind the halo
> menu 'resist being picked up' must do the job I want but I can't
> figure how to find it. Can someone point me how to locate this code.

When I use inspect on that item in the halo menu, I see that its
target variable is set to the morph, while its selector variable is
set to #toggleStickiness. Does that tell you enough that you can
locate the code? Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix

RE: Resist being picked up

Bob.Cowdery
RE: Resist being picked up

Tom Phoenix wrote:
>> When I use inspect on that item in the halo menu, I see that its
>> target variable is set to the morph, while its selector variable is
>> set to #toggleStickiness. Does that tell you enough that you can
>> locate the code? Hope this helps!

If I could read I would be dangerous. Yes thanks Tom. I looked at sticky and thought is that related but didn't try it. I will try to remember everything can be explored!

--Bob

*** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.

Re: Resist being picked up

Edgar J. De Cleene
Re: Resist being picked up [hidden email] puso en su mail :

This should be easy but I've not arrived at an answer. I have a bunch of custom morphs that I want to 'lock down' when the application is running, i.e. stop them being picked up. The code behind the halo menu 'resist being picked up' must do the job I want but I can't figure how to find it. Can someone point me how to locate this code.

Do this in Workspace

m := Morph new openInHand;toggleStickiness

Got the idea ?

Cheers

Edgar

Re: Resist being picked up

Chris Muller
Another way Bob is to type the actual text of the menu item ("resist being picked up") and press Control+e.  This offers a Methods Browser of those methods that contain that string literal, so you can see the one that handles selection of that menu item so you can see to do whatever it does to lock down your own morph.

 I admit, it is a bit more cryptic when looking at a menu toggle like that one, but not too bad.  We find Morph>>#stickinessString asks #isSticky.  Morph>>#isSticky asks its exrtension, so, on MorphExtension, you can "browse inst var defs..." of "sticky".
 This will lead you to the setter, #sticky: which, browsing senders, we find Morph>>#beSticky.

 This is an example where the TMB pays dividends..

  - Chris

> This should be easy but I've not arrived at an answer. I have a bunch of
> custom morphs that I want to 'lock down' when the application is
> running, i.e. stop them being picked up. The code behind the halo
> menu 'resist being picked up' must do the job I want but I can't
> figure how to find it. Can someone point me how to locate this code.

When I use inspect on that item in the halo menu, I see that its
target variable is set to the morph, while its selector variable is
set to #toggleStickiness. Does that tell you enough that you can
locate the code? Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix

Re[2]: Resist being picked up

Herbert König
Hi Chris,

CM>  We find
CM> Morph>>#stickinessString asks #isSticky.  Morph>>#isSticky asks
CM> its exrtension, so, on MorphExtension, you can "browse inst var
CM> defs..." of "sticky".
CM>  This will lead you to the setter, #sticky: which, browsing
CM> senders, we find Morph>>#beSticky.

CM>  This is an example where the TMB pays dividends..

say it out loud. TMB is TracingMessagesBrowser, and the dividends are
"Browsers you don't have to open and close". I'm waiting for the day I
get a millionaire in saved windows!

Can't advertise this one enough :-))

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]