Resizing of text entry box in Inspector

Jeff Gonis-3
Hey Folks,

Me again! Poking around some byte arrays with the object inspector lead me to this slight hitch in Morphic with resizing text entry boxes.  You'll note that the entry box is flowing out past the bottom of its containing window. I experience the same issue with the object explorer as well.  Nothing fatal of course, and a quick resize takes care of it, but probably not what we want to first launch of the explorer to appear like.

As always, please let me know if I can provide more detail or if there is something additional you'd like me to do to help out with this.

Thanks for your time and efforts,
Jeff

objectExplorer.png (17K) Download Attachment

Re: Resizing of text entry box in Inspector

Karl Ramberg
Confirmed.
Seems we need some min/max limits to the proportional splitters.

All the tools that use proportional splitters can be messed up by dragging them to extremes

Karl

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Jeff Gonis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Folks,

Me again! Poking around some byte arrays with the object inspector lead me to this slight hitch in Morphic with resizing text entry boxes.  You'll note that the entry box is flowing out past the bottom of its containing window. I experience the same issue with the object explorer as well.  Nothing fatal of course, and a quick resize takes care of it, but probably not what we want to first launch of the explorer to appear like.

As always, please let me know if I can provide more detail or if there is something additional you'd like me to do to help out with this.

Thanks for your time and efforts,
Jeff

Re: Resizing of text entry box in Inspector

marcel.taeumel (old)
Well, extreme small sizes may lead to visual glitches, yes. You example (size), however, should work fine.

See:

I think we need more details.

Try pasting your preferences:

Clipboard clipboardText: ((Preferences dictionaryOfPreferences values collect: [:pref | pref name, ' :', pref preferenceValue asString]) sorted joinSeparatedBy: String cr).

Best,
Marcel