Resolving relative paths to a URL (FileUrl, not URI class)

Resolving relative paths to a URL (FileUrl, not URI class)

David T. Lewis
ProjectLauncher>>startUpAfterLogin uses HierarchicalURI>>resolveRelativeURI:
to resolve a relative path to a script file to run. URI is deprecated and
replaced by classes in Network-Url. However, those classes do not seem to
have any method for resolving a relative path name to a fully qualified URL.

I expect that we probably need an equivalent implementation in FileUrl
that knows how to take a String argument and answer a FileUrl with the
fully resolved path.

Does this sound right?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Resolving relative paths to a URL (FileUrl, not URI class)

David T. Lewis
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 08:04:00AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> ProjectLauncher>>startUpAfterLogin uses HierarchicalURI>>resolveRelativeURI:
> to resolve a relative path to a script file to run. URI is deprecated and
> replaced by classes in Network-Url. However, those classes do not seem to
> have any method for resolving a relative path name to a fully qualified URL.
>
> I expect that we probably need an equivalent implementation in FileUrl
> that knows how to take a String argument and answer a FileUrl with the
> fully resolved path.
>
> Does this sound right?

Please disregard. Url>>newFromRelativeText: does what I was looking for.

Dave