Resource Directory support for Windows (VM 4.2.1Beta Window version ?)

1 message Options

Resource Directory support for Windows (VM 4.2.1Beta Window version ?)

Torsten Bergmann

>> Oh, and I finally remembered to add the version info to the VM.

>You mean "Smalltalk vmVersion" does return something sensible? Can I
>see?

I think Andreas points to the "version information" that I suggested to
add to the *.rc file.

This gets compiled into the ressource section of the PE File (executable
or dll) on windows and you will see it when right clicking on the file
and selecting Properties -> Version.

There are windows API's to query for a files version and it is typically
used by setup programs to check if a newer version is already installed.

Beside the version there is also information about the vendor which
is for instance displayed by the windows firewall when the exe/image
tries to open a connection.

Bye
Torsten