Response

Josh McFarlane
On 4/24/06, S Collingwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What I wanted to ask, before the technical glitch, was this:
>
> If we can create a virtual space with internet access (instead of
> LAN), would people be interested in working together at learning
> Croquet?

I'd be interested in working together. I'm looking to start up a node
of my own and would love to  learn along with others. It would make it
a much less daunting task.
--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein

Re: Response

Giulio Prisco-3
I am trying to do just that. I plan to create a large world, populate
it with some 3d models, and use it as sandbox. I was doing a test with
my colleagues on entering each other's Croquet world from the net and
did not work. Perhaps IP addresses and ports were mangled by the
routers, or perhaps there is a undocumented hack that we have not
found.
Actually I plan to put a shared world on a linux server. Tentative plan:
1) install Croquet on linux server. Question: do I have to install
opengl/al libraries or not?
2) upload image with world from local disk.
Is this going to work?
G.

On 4/24/06, S Collingwood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What I wanted to ask, before the technical glitch, was this:
>
> If we can create a virtual space with internet access (instead of
> LAN), would people be interested in working together at learning
> Croquet?
>
> --
> Dr. Sharon Collingwood
> Department of Women's Studies
> Ohio State University
> 286 University Hall
> 230 North Oval Mall
> Columbus, Ohio 43210-1311
>
> Department of French & Italian
> The Ohio State University
> 200 Hagerty Hall
> 1775 College Road
> Columbus, OH  43210-1340

Re: Response

Josh McFarlane
Ideally as the linux server would be just a bare-bones communicator
and not have the graphical dependancies.

Whether or not the linux version of Croquet is coded this way I am not sure.

Josh

--
Darsant Silverstring