Roassal2: Heads/arrows on both ends of a line

Roassal2: Heads/arrows on both ends of a line

Jan Blizničenko
Hello

We use Roassal 2 for visual side of a project we are working on - a
diagram modelling tool (like enterprise architect) and we came to a
specific need. There are notations like UML which need heads/arrows on
both ends of a single line.
As far as I understand the roassal code, line decorations are encoded to
be at the "to" end and can't be on the other one.

We would use help with this problem.

Thanks
Jan Blizničenko

Re: Roassal2: Heads/arrows on both ends of a line

Jan Blizničenko
Hello

I decided to reuse this old topic, because we came to point we needed to have line decorations on start of a line (ie. not only heads, but also "tails"), so I implemented system of line decorations which could be used this way, and a variation of RTArrowedLine which has support for my tails (DCRTDecoratedLine).

And I would like to share... http://www.mediafire.com/download/7vr7qr2g8vg0sst/LineDecorations.st
Maybe someone could help me find a reason why my system may be bad, or opposite, you could get inspiration for usage in Roassal itself or even use my classes directly.

There are used few additional trachel shapes which we added as our extension of trachel, for example circle head shape... http://www.mediafire.com/download/1sai2vduj71aetd/LineDecorators.st

If you have both of these packages, you should be able to run example:
DCRTDecoratedLine example.

If you decide to include this into Roassal, I should note few things...
1) It is tested only manually for our uses
2) All those classes have "DC" prefix, which should not be in Roassal itself (it is abbreviation of our project), like it happened with class name of my trachel canvas exporter, (DC)TRCanvasExporter

Jan Blizničenko

Jan B. wrote
Hello

We use Roassal 2 for visual side of a project we are working on - a
diagram modelling tool (like enterprise architect) and we came to a
specific need. There are notations like UML which need heads/arrows on
both ends of a single line.
As far as I understand the roassal code, line decorations are encoded to
be at the "to" end and can't be on the other one.

We would use help with this problem.

Thanks
Jan Blizničenko

Re: Roassal2: Heads/arrows on both ends of a line

Pierre Chanson
Nice !

Thank you very much for sharing Jan, we are going to take a look shortly !

Pierre

[...]

<http://forum.world.st/RTPNGExporter-review-needed-tp4789868p4792320.html>

Jan Blizničenko

Jan B. wrote