Rotated Text, Animation and .png Sequences

Rotated Text, Animation and .png Sequences

GregSmith
GentleSqueakerFolk:

I've been able to get really good results with standard text objects
found in Squeak, except when I rotate them.  All the antialiasing
goes out the window.  Any way to fix that?

The same thing happens when I import .png files with alpha channel.
They look great, full-sized and even when I scale them down.  But
antialiasing is destroyed the moment I rotate the graphic.  What
occurs to me is that, if I want to animate a graphic rotating, I
should just produce the animation externally and import it into
Squeak, either as a sequence of 32 bit .png images or one at a time.
It would be crucial to preserve the transparent background of the
images so that they can be used as a "sprite".  What is the step by
step procedure for doing this in the most economical fashion?

To choreograph several animations that respond to various user input,
I'm used to creating this with a timeline analogy as the means,  with
"actions" applied, either at a given time, or as a result of a user's
action.  What is the procedure for creating a scene with several
animations that indicate different states of the same object, which
appear as a result of user input, (for example, a simple mouseclick)?

Thanks,

Greg Smith

Drawing an Arc.

Claudio Acciaresi-2
Hello, I`m trying to draw an arc using Morphs, exists an easy way to do it?
The acrs that i´m trying to create are like smiles of a face.
I see FaceMorph, Gesture morph, but i do not want to use a PolygonMorph.

Thanks a lot!!!!
Claudio.

> I've been able to get really good results with standard text objects
> found in Squeak, except when I rotate them.  All the antialiasing
> goes out the window.  Any way to fix that?
>
> The same thing happens when I import .png files with alpha channel.
> They look great, full-sized and even when I scale them down.  But
> antialiasing is destroyed the moment I rotate the graphic.  What
> occurs to me is that, if I want to animate a graphic rotating, I
> should just produce the animation externally and import it into
> Squeak, either as a sequence of 32 bit .png images or one at a time.
> It would be crucial to preserve the transparent background of the
> images so that they can be used as a "sprite".  What is the step by
> step procedure for doing this in the most economical fashion?
>
> To choreograph several animations that respond to various user input,
> I'm used to creating this with a timeline analogy as the means,  with
> "actions" applied, either at a given time, or as a result of a user's
> action.  What is the procedure for creating a scene with several
> animations that indicate different states of the same object, which
> appear as a result of user input, (for example, a simple mouseclick)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Smith

Re: Drawing an Arc.

Claudio Acciaresi

> Hello, I`m trying to draw an arc using Morphs, exists an easy way to do
it?

> The acrs that i´m trying to create are like smiles of a face.
> I see FaceMorph, Gesture morph, but i do not want to use a PolygonMorph.
>
> Thanks a lot!!!!
> Claudio.

Hilaire Fernandes-5
Hello Claudio,

You may want to give a try to my simple DrGArcMorph in the enclosed
change set.

To use it:

a :=DrGArcMorph new
a center: 50@50 radius: 100 origin: 0 length: 3.1415
a openInWorld

origin and length are in radian unit

Hilaire

Claudio Acciaresi a écrit :
>  Hello, I`m trying to draw an arc using Morphs, exists an easy way to do
>  it?
>  The acrs that i´m trying to create are like smiles of a face.
>  I see FaceMorph, Gesture morph, but i do not want to use a PolygonMorph.
>
>  Thanks a lot!!!!
>  Claudio.

'From Squeak3.8 of ''5 May 2005'' [latest update: #6665] on 9 July 2006 at 12:23:31 pm'!
DrGPolylineMorph subclass: #DrGArcMorph
        instanceVariableNames: ''
        classVariableNames: ''
        poolDictionaries: ''
        category: 'DrGeoII-GeometryView'!

!DrGArcMorph methodsFor: 'accessing' stamp: 'HilaireFernandes 1/17/2006 12:29'!
center: aPoint radius: aFloat origin: anOrigin length: aLength
|step costep sinstep csteX csteY mobile|
        step := 5 / aFloat * aLength sign.
        (aLength / step) abs > 100 ifTrue: [step := aLength / 100].
        costep := step cos.
        sinstep := step sin.
        csteX := aPoint x * (1 - costep) + (aPoint y * sinstep).
        csteY := aPoint y * (1 - costep) - (aPoint x * sinstep).
        mobile := aPoint + (aFloat * (anOrigin cos @ anOrigin sin)).
        vertices := OrderedCollection new add: mobile; yourself.
        0 to: (aLength / step) truncated -1  do: [:i|
                mobile := (mobile x * costep - (mobile y * sinstep) + csteX)
                        @(mobile x * sinstep + (mobile y * costep) + csteY).
                vertices add: mobile].
        mobile := aPoint + (aFloat * ((anOrigin + aLength) cos @ (anOrigin + aLength) sin)).
        vertices add: mobile.
        self computeBounds! !

Re: Drawing an Arc.

Claudio Acciaresi
Thanks a lot for your answer, I file in what you sent me, but DrGArcMorph
is subclass of DrGPolylineMorph and i do not have this last class.
Can i install it with SqueakMap?

----

> 'From Squeak3.8 of ''5 May 2005'' [latest update: #6665] on 9 July 2006 at
12:23:31 pm'!
> DrGPolylineMorph subclass: #DrGArcMorph
> instanceVariableNames: ''
> classVariableNames: ''
> poolDictionaries: ''
> category: 'DrGeoII-GeometryView'!
>
> !DrGArcMorph methodsFor: 'accessing' stamp: 'HilaireFernandes 1/17/2006
12:29'!

> center: aPoint radius: aFloat origin: anOrigin length: aLength
> |step costep sinstep csteX csteY mobile|
> step := 5 / aFloat * aLength sign.
> (aLength / step) abs > 100 ifTrue: [step := aLength / 100].
> costep := step cos.
> sinstep := step sin.
> csteX := aPoint x * (1 - costep) + (aPoint y * sinstep).
> csteY := aPoint y * (1 - costep) - (aPoint x * sinstep).
> mobile := aPoint + (aFloat * (anOrigin cos @ anOrigin sin)).
> vertices := OrderedCollection new add: mobile; yourself.
> 0 to: (aLength / step) truncated -1  do: [:i|
> mobile := (mobile x * costep - (mobile y * sinstep) + csteX)
> @(mobile x * sinstep + (mobile y * costep) + csteY).
> vertices add: mobile].
> mobile := aPoint + (aFloat * ((anOrigin + aLength) cos @ (anOrigin +
aLength) sin)).
> vertices add: mobile.
> self computeBounds! !

Re: Drawing an Arc.

Claudio Acciaresi
ok, I think this is what i was looking for:

    MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/DrGeoII'
    user: ''
    password: ''

Thanks, i' am going to try it!

----

> 'From Squeak3.8 of ''5 May 2005'' [latest update: #6665] on 9 July 2006 at
12:23:31 pm'!
> DrGPolylineMorph subclass: #DrGArcMorph
> instanceVariableNames: ''
> classVariableNames: ''
> poolDictionaries: ''
> category: 'DrGeoII-GeometryView'!
>
> !DrGArcMorph methodsFor: 'accessing' stamp: 'HilaireFernandes 1/17/2006
12:29'!

> center: aPoint radius: aFloat origin: anOrigin length: aLength
> |step costep sinstep csteX csteY mobile|
> step := 5 / aFloat * aLength sign.
> (aLength / step) abs > 100 ifTrue: [step := aLength / 100].
> costep := step cos.
> sinstep := step sin.
> csteX := aPoint x * (1 - costep) + (aPoint y * sinstep).
> csteY := aPoint y * (1 - costep) - (aPoint x * sinstep).
> mobile := aPoint + (aFloat * (anOrigin cos @ anOrigin sin)).
> vertices := OrderedCollection new add: mobile; yourself.
> 0 to: (aLength / step) truncated -1  do: [:i|
> mobile := (mobile x * costep - (mobile y * sinstep) + csteX)
> @(mobile x * sinstep + (mobile y * costep) + csteY).
> vertices add: mobile].
> mobile := aPoint + (aFloat * ((anOrigin + aLength) cos @ (anOrigin +
aLength) sin)).
> vertices add: mobile.
> self computeBounds! !

Re: Drawing an Arc.

Hilaire Fernandes-5
Ooooops.

Edit with a random text editor the change set and make its super class
to PolygonMorph.

Once file-in, add an initialize method to DrGArcMorph with

initialize
  super initialize
  self makeOpen

Hilaire