Running a visitor over configuration?

Alexandre Bergel-5
Hi!

Is there a way to run a visitor over a graph of dependent configuration?
If no, would it be difficult to have?

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Running a visitor over configuration?

Dale Henrichs
On 02/18/2011 08:10 AM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to run a visitor over a graph of dependent configuration?
> If no, would it be difficult to have?
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

There is no way to run a generic visitor over the graph of dependent
configurations.

The directives structure is a visitable representation of the
configuration load graph, but it doesn't have what you are looking for
(I think), because the directive builder doesn't follow paths for
projects whose version is <= the scheduled project version.

To put a generic visitor in place, you could piggyback/generalize the
directives structure builder (fetch pass).

Keep in mind that in traversing the dependent configuration structure
there are a large number of redundant paths (one of the contributing
factors to long load times in past versions), so quite a bit of
bookkeeping is necessary to avoid traversing the same path over and over
again ... Having been this route multiple times already I would lean
towards adding the necessary information to the directive structure.

Dale

Re: Running a visitor over configuration?

Alexandre Bergel-5
I see. I currently do not have the time to work on such visitor. However, this is inevitable in a close future.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 02/18/2011 11:52 AM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
> I see. I currently do not have the time to work on such visitor. However, this is inevitable in a close future.

Agreed...