[SBE--Squeak Book

Steve Moffitt
Hi there is a new Squeak book out ( Squeak By Example ) that can be
downloaded at http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/SBE/ very nice
introduction to Squeak. Thanks Andrew -Steph -- Oscar both Damiens
and Marcus for such a nice work.

Steve

Re: [SBE--Squeak Book

Giovanni Corriga
Il giorno gio, 13/09/2007 alle 12.58 -0700, Steve Moffitt ha scritto:
> Hi there is a new Squeak book out ( Squeak By Example ) that can be
> downloaded at http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/SBE/ very nice
> introduction to Squeak. Thanks Andrew -Steph -- Oscar both Damiens
> and Marcus for such a nice work.

The book is also available as a print-on-demand system on lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/content/1171965 .

Thanks to all the authors!

        Ciao,

                Giovanni

Re: [SBE--Squeak Book

Elod Kironsky
Is this the final version? I would really like to print it out for
myself, but only if it's final.

Elod

> Hi there is a new Squeak book out ( Squeak By Example ) that can be
> downloaded at http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/SBE/ very nice introduction
> to Squeak. Thanks Andrew -Steph -- Oscar both Damiens and Marcus for
> such a nice work.
>
> Steve

Re: [SBE--Squeak Book

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas

Re: [SBE--Squeak Book

onierstrasz

Hi Folks,

The version of the book on the web and on Lulu is the "final" version
of the First Edition.  I just uploaded a revision yesterday since the
University of Bern asked to be credited if they agree to host the
domain name.  But there should be no further changes for now.

The might be a revision if we find important errors to fix, but there
won't be any major changes.

We are planning a second edition with new chapters, but that will not
be till next Spring at the earliest, I am guessing.  We also hope to
get some good feedback so we can update and adapt the book for the
second edition.

Cheers, Oscar

PS: If you want to print directly from the PDF, 2-up at 140% should
work fine (at least for A4 paper).

Re: [SBE--Squeak Book

Michael Davies-2
On 14/09/2007, Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The version of the book on the web and on Lulu is the "final" version
> of the First Edition.  I just uploaded a revision yesterday since the
> University of Bern asked to be credited if they agree to host the
> domain name.  But there should be no further changes for now.
> [snip]

Hi Oscar,
Thanks for the work that you and your co-authors put in on this book -
it looks great! I've put the news on news.squeak.org at
http://news.squeak.org/2007/09/14/squeak-by-example-now-published/

Michael

Re: [SBE--Squeak Book

onierstrasz

hi Michael,

Thanks for posting this!

Also, if anyone would like to write a review for lulu, that would be
cool too!

http://www.lulu.com/content/1171965

(I hope the printed versions are ok -- I am waiting to get a copy
myself ...)

Oscar

On Sep 14, 2007, at 14:56, Michael Davies wrote:

> On 14/09/2007, Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Oscar,
> Thanks for the work that you and your co-authors put in on this book -
> it looks great! I've put the news on news.squeak.org at
> http://news.squeak.org/2007/09/14/squeak-by-example-now-published/
>
> Michael

Re: [SBE--Squeak Book

Gregory Hinton
I noticed a minor error in the cover art (https://www.iam.unibe.ch/
scg/svn_repos/SqueakByExample/Cover/cover.pdf):
the book is erroneously called _Smalltalk_by_Example_.

Regards...
Greg

On Sep 13, 2007, at 12:58 PM, Steve Moffitt wrote:

> Hi there is a new Squeak book out ( Squeak By Example ) that can be
> downloaded at http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/SBE/ very nice
> introduction to Squeak. Thanks Andrew -Steph -- Oscar both Damiens
> and Marcus for such a nice work.
>
> Steve

Re: [SBE--Squeak Book

onierstrasz

Ha ha!  Very good.  My mistake.

No one noticed till now.

It is a shame to correct it ... but I guess I will have to!

Thanks for pointing this out.

(I really like the book "Smalltalk by Example" by Alec Sharp.  I
guess it is a Freudian slip ...)

Oscar