SM licence text update

Frank Shearar
"SqueakL - The license of Squeak from Apple. The only license we allow
for inclusion in base Squeak."

http://map.squeak.org/package/cb6c7afe-d517-470f-8857-d764ef321725/autoversion/12

This needs to change, I imagine? We only allow MIT-licensed code into
the base image now.

frank

Re: SM licence text update

Hannes Hirzel
Yes, MIT is compulsory for 4.1.

--Hannes

On 4/22/10, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "SqueakL - The license of Squeak from Apple. The only license we allow
> for inclusion in base Squeak."
>
> http://map.squeak.org/package/cb6c7afe-d517-470f-8857-d764ef321725/autoversion/12
>
> This needs to change, I imagine? We only allow MIT-licensed code into
> the base image now.
>
> frank

Re: SM licence text update

Stéphane Rollandin
> Yes, MIT is compulsory for 4.1.

Well, for inclusion only, so I don't think it matters for the Prolog
package.

(I'm currently co-maintainer of Prolog, but since I did not write all of
it I can't change the licence anyway)

Re: SM licence text update

Bert Freudenberg
On 22.04.2010, at 16:34, Stéphane Rollandin wrote:

>> Yes, MIT is compulsory for 4.1.
>
> Well, for inclusion only, so I don't think it matters for the Prolog package.

It doesn't. But the license text needs to change in general from

"SqueakL - The license of Squeak from Apple. The only license we allow for inclusion in base Squeak."

to something like

"SqueakL - The original license of Squeak from Apple. Obsolete since Squeak 4.0 (which only accepts MIT contributions). SqueakL is not recommended to be used for new projects."

- Bert -

Re: SM licence text update

Frank Shearar
On 2010/04/22 16:34, Stéphane Rollandin wrote:
>> Yes, MIT is compulsory for 4.1.
>
> Well, for inclusion only, so I don't think it matters for the Prolog
> package.
>
> (I'm currently co-maintainer of Prolog, but since I did not write all of
> it I can't change the licence anyway)

Indeed, I meant only to address the association of SqueakL with
image-inclusion, not to imply that the Prolog package should be MIT.

frank