SMServer beta update

Chris Cunnington-4
It's almost time for me to do Eater things. I have to turn away from this for a bit. I thought I'd have something concrete to show two days ago. Exploring somebody else's model is ... like opening one more door forever.

You can click those to see progress. They don't work with the client well yet. The last one is the Installer script for the SMServer so far. And you can build your own model from scratch.[1]

Happy Easter,
Chris

[1]

SMSqueakMap clear
SMSqueakMap default
map := (SMSqueakMap default).

account := (SMSqueakMap default) newAccount: 'heisenberg' username: 'heisenberg' email: '[hidden email]'.

map objects: Dictionary new.
map addObject: account
map accountsByName
map cache

account directory
account entries
account uploadsDirectory
account files

package := (SMPackage newIn: map)
name: 'SMServer';
summary: 'none';
author: 'heisenberg'.
account addObject: package
map addObject: package

map packages

map accounts

rel := SMPackageRelease newFromRelease: nil package: package.

relreturn := rel
version: '1';
note: 'I love meth';
name: 'Blue Meth';
summary: 'Special blue meth'.
package addRelease: relreturn
map createCheckpointNumber: 7006.
WAKom startOn: 9971

Re: SMServer beta update

Frank Shearar-3
Hey, cool. Looks kind've Boostrap-ish?

I kicked the tires a bit. What's the basic elevator pitch here? Are
you ripping out HttpView and replacing it with Seaside, with the
existing data model behind it?

frank

On 19 April 2014 06:28, Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's almost time for me to do Eater things. I have to turn away from this
> for a bit. I thought I'd have something concrete to show two days ago.
> Exploring somebody else's model is ... like opening one more door forever.
>
> http://box4.squeak.org:9971/seaside/smserver/
> http://box4.squeak.org:9971/seaside/smserver/loadgz/
> http://box4.squeak.org:9971/seaside/smserver/accountbyid/a22b00b1-ab1b-4af8-b9bf-3c4f1825c30b/files/smserver.st
>
> You can click those to see progress. They don't work with the client well
> yet. The last one is the Installer script for the SMServer so far. And you
> can build your own model from scratch.[1]
>

> Happy Easter,
> Chris
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM
>

> [1]
>
> SMSqueakMap clear
> SMSqueakMap default
> map := (SMSqueakMap default).
>
> account := (SMSqueakMap default) newAccount: 'heisenberg' username:
> 'heisenberg' email: '[hidden email]'.
>

> map objects: Dictionary new.
> map addObject: account
> map accountsByName
> map cache
>
> account directory
> account entries
> account uploadsDirectory
> account files
>
> package := (SMPackage newIn: map)
> name: 'SMServer';
> summary: 'none';
> url: 'http://www.bluemeth.com';
> author: 'heisenberg'.
> account addObject: package
> map addObject: package
>
> map packages
>
> map accounts
>
> rel := SMPackageRelease newFromRelease: nil package: package.
>
> relreturn := rel
> version: '1';
> note: 'I love meth';
> downloadUrl:
> 'http://box4.squeak.org:9971/seaside/smserver/accountbyid/de44d272-6c5a-4736-8178-f885d7a195ad/files/smserver.st';
> name: 'Blue Meth';
> summary: 'Special blue meth'.
> package addRelease: relreturn
> map createCheckpointNumber: 7006.
> WAKom startOn: 9971

Re: SMServer beta update

Chris Cunnington-4

On Saturday, April 19, 2014, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, cool. Looks kind've Boostrap-ish?

I kicked the tires a bit. What's the basic elevator pitch here? Are
you ripping out HttpView and replacing it with Seaside, with the
existing data model behind it?

I think the elevator pitch is: SM is a good vector for installation with a sound model and a miserable user experience. Fix the last part.

The same model with Seaside and Bootstrap. I wrote four issues on my whiteboard that are problems with the current server: unreliable due to age; the server UI is a tad confusing; it's choked with the appearance of programs you don't want; you can only install one file at a time, as opposed to a whole application.

I had grand plans to change things, but the more I learn the details, the less I want to make big changes. So, one map, no archive, use of filters and categories in both the server and the client to weed out the unwanted. I want to add a script by pasting into a form field, when making a release, so you can download entire apps. Chris M. has pioneered that sort of thing already. I want to extend it to the server.

Chris

frank