SOB Minutes - 5/21/12

Chris Cunnington
all Board members present: Bert Freudenberg, Colin Putney, Craig Latta,
Randal L. Schwartz, Chris Muller, Levente Uzonyi, Chris Cunnington

- revised and finalized details for the running of future elections will
be sent to the SFC

- changing the ownership of the Squeak server at Hetzner Online hosting
from Squeak Germany to the SOB directly

- waiting on details from people about where the new server will be
hosted and the availability of an event space for a Squeak event/mini
convention

- the board is organizing a virtual workshop for Aida users new and old.
It will be the week of 18-22 June on the Web Team mailing list. More
details to follow

- Spoon documentation for beginners is coming as well as Naiad, the
Spoon module system, integration with GitHub

- The difficult problem of how to shrink the Trunk image was explored.
The problem is 'Where to start?' Some items were agreed upon: such as;
isolated change sets could be deleted whole; Morphic and Etoys are so
inextricably linked that they are a unit to be removed together; Morphic
and Etoys could constituted a 'full Morphic' package; while, a minimal
Morphic package could substitute for it, perhaps one based on the work
done on the Cuis UI.

- Owing to the excellent work of some contributors to the Trunk, the
Board is exploring inviting people to become core contributors

Re: SOB Minutes - 5/21/12

Herbert König
Hello Chris,

CC> - the board is organizing a virtual workshop for Aida users new and old.
CC> It will be the week of 18-22 June on the Web Team mailing list. More
CC> details to follow

Whatever this will look like I'm very interested. Maybe I can
contribute something.

You can contact me in private.

Cheers,

Herbert